Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Shows downloaded to DTV app disappeared

Contributor

Shows downloaded to DTV app disappeared

Hello -

Our old Genie had an HDD failure but I was able to restore operation while we waited for the new Genie to arrive. During this time, I installed the DTV app and downloaded the shows I wanted to keep to my iPhone. Seemed easy.

While waiting for the new Genie to arrive, the HDD in the old Genie eventually failed again. No big deal - I have the shows I want saved to the app/my iPhone.

The new Genie arrived, installed the new box, launch app on my iPhone to push the shows down to the new box - all are gone. No downloaded programs are listed.

Something goofy is going on as the app is chewing up nearly 6GB of space on my phone, nearly all of which is classified as documents and data. 

Are there any suggestions to recover the shows I saved or am I hosed?

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

You can "push shows" from your iPhone to the new box.  You'll have to view them on your iPhone.  Or try to record them again.  Or find them via the network's OnDemand channel. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Thanks for the reply!

To clarify, did you mean to write that you cannot push shows to the new DVR? I had read on a prior post that this was possible, hence why I attempted it.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by Lingoes
‎02-26-2019 11:38 AM

@horsecore wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

To clarify, did you mean to write that you cannot push shows to the new DVR? I had read on a prior post that this was possible, hence why I attempted it.

Thanks!

Good catch!  Right, you CANNOT push shows from the app back into a DVR.  It's a one-way transfer only .... Genie DVR to App.  

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Ok, thank you for the detail.

I still have the issue of missing the downloaded shows on my iPhone but at this point, its moot as I don't want to watch them on my phone anyway. Oh well - I am sure they will come back around so I can record them again. 🙂

Thank you so much for the help!

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support