Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Paying for services no longer available.

Highlighted
Teacher

Paying for services no longer available.

When we signed up for Direct TV a year ago we were told we would be able to stream through our phones and tablets. This feature worked until about April. Suddenly the apps on our mobile devices say our account is not active. I have spent hours on the phone resetting passwords, installing and reinstalling the app, being connected to one tech after another and the result is the same, nothing changes. I am continually told this is a known problem and they are working on resolving it. I have been told repeatedly that my ticket has been escalated and I will receive emails and/or calls to resolve the issue. To date that has never happened. If your techs have not fixed this problem after three months then I believe I should be reimbursed for the months that I have gone without the services and every month thereafter until it is resolved. According to your new ads for DirecTV Now that equates to about $35 a month. If I can connect through a browser then I should be able to have that same ability through an app since you can not access DirecTV through anything but an app on a mobile device. I have tried several times to open a browser and connect through the internet only to be redirected to the app in the final stages of connecting to DirecTV. I am looking for true resolution to this problem as I feel I have been duped into signing up for services that DirecTV cannot deliver.

Message 1 of 13
ACE - Master

Re: Paying for services no longer available.

there is no cost for streaming via phone/tablet

its a free perk

your refund of a 0 dollar item is 0 dollars

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 13
Teacher

Sorry but I beg to differ. When we looked into new cable and internet
providers a year ago DIRECTV clearly indicated that streaming to mobile
devices was definitely a "perk" when moving to DIRECTV. But if you think I
am foolish enough to believe that the cost of that "perk" was not built
into the cost of the subscription then again you are mistaken. The app is
free and streaming through the app does not generate an additional charge
because that is a cost that should be covered under the agreement we made
with our initial subscription to DIRECTV. I can't believe it is legal or
ethical to advertise services you don't provide.

I have been more than kind and respectful to all the AT&T and DIRECTV
customer service representatives I have dealt with for more hours than any
customer should spend on a phone trying to rectify a situation that I did
not create. I quite simply want the services I signed up for and received
until a few months ago. I can't understand why that is so difficult fix.
Message 3 of 13
ACE - Expert

@CLF1133 wrote:

I have been more than kind and respectful to all the AT&T and DIRECTV
customer service representatives I have dealt with for more hours than any
customer should spend on a phone trying to rectify a situation that I did
not create. I quite simply want the services I signed up for and received
until a few months ago. I can't understand why that is so difficult fix.

That’s a reasonable request. As to why is it so hard to fix, your guess is as good as mine but whatever your problem, it is not widespread. My Directv app works fine on multiple devices. What you describe sounds like an account issue, not an app issue. Most likely, they are just plain stumped as to how to fix it. Whether it’s really a free feature or not, some sort of credit is in order, IMHO. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 13
ACE - Expert

Mine works fine also

Message 5 of 13
ACE - Master

i would love a credit for not using it, i have never streamed and done plan to.

where can i have this removed and a credit applied?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 6 of 13
Teacher

I agree with your assessment that it is a conflict within my account. I
suggested to more than one customer service rep that they should (at no
expense to me) delete my present account and set up a new account with a
new account number so we can start from scratch but they (customer service)
are never the ones that can make those decisions and they can never connect
me to someone who can. They create a ticket and I never hear from again.
Not looking for anything but a resolution one way or another. Thanks for
your response.
Message 7 of 13
ACE - Master

i wonder if you are caught up in the RC-1 account system switchover

there are other issues associated with that

try calling customer service and asking for rc-1 support

Message 8 of 13
Teacher

Sounds good -- thank you. Guess I make one more phone call. Hopefully that
will work.
Message 9 of 13

I am in the exact same boat as you (there are several affected by this).  I have been unable to use the directv app or any app that uses my directv subscription to stream (HBOgo, Sho anytime, etc.)  I have spent countless hours discussing this with reps as well.  It is a glitch in the app and does not have anything to do with your account (other than being bundled with AT&T).  I just got off the phone with digital assistance (877) 267-2988 and they told me they are aware of the problem and that their software engineers have been working on it for more than a month.  They actually told me that the issue is expected to be fixed by the end of this week (take that for what it is worth).  My calls have been well documented.

Those of us affected do deserve a credit of some sort.  This is very much part of the package and renders the subscription about 50% useless.  The thing that frustrates me is that there has been no proactive communication with those affected despite the numerous times they have asked for my contact info during these calls. I will be calling again Monday if the app is not working by then.  I was actually encouraged to do so.

Message 10 of 13
ACE - Master

@Shiner1015 wrote:

Those of us affected do deserve a credit of some sort.  This is very much part of the package and renders the subscription about 50% useless. 

yeah, umm no

directv is a satellite tv company

any streaming service is secondary, and provided at no charge.

it does not affect your ability to use the satellite service at all

Message 11 of 13

Yeah umm yeah.
If you offer it to everyone and then take a portion away from some of them, then they are not getting the same value as others. If they use a feature to sell the service, then it is part of the value of that service. If they take the feature away, then you are not receiving the original full value. I value it at about 50% of the total package because I use it 50% of the time to watch and schedule DVR. I wouldn't use directv if it didn't offer the streaming app. So the value is in the eye of the customer. Just because you don't use it doesn't mean it's not part of the value. Calling them a satellite tv service doesn't lessen the value of additional features.
Don't tell me I'm not paying for the feature. They spend money to provide it and you are naïve if you don't think it is figured into the price.
Message 12 of 13

Sadly - it is still not resolved :/ my DirecTV doesn’t even get far enough for me to log in. It goes straight to “External system failure” and the App Store opens to download U-Version. Weird & frustrating. 

It’s a pretty big glitch 

Message 13 of 13
Share this topic
Share this topic
Workarounds for resolving common errors. View DIRECTV Error Code Help!
Additional Support