Helpful Links

New TV Apps Problems

Teacher

New TV Apps Problems

Is anyone else having problems working with the new TV Apps feature?  I can no longer add any new apps.  Anyone know how this is done?

Message 1 of 46
Employee

Re: New TV Apps Problems

there were some issues yesterday reported by my DirecTV contacts.  not sure if they are resolved.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 46
Tutor

same problem here. this happens a lot. some moron decides to keep his, or hers, job they need to come up with something new, better. hey why have the weather app show the temps and days going left to right when you can show them going from top to bottom, thats way better. a lot of these changes are no better, and even worse, than the original app. i call it leaving well enough alone.

Message 3 of 46
Teacher

Agree.  I wish they would bring back the old (better) TV apps interface. 

Message 4 of 46
Mentor

Same problem here.

Called today about this problem and the first tech support person I tried to speak with sounded like she was located in Jamaica or somewhere in that general location. I hung up, after asking what did you say way too many times.

2nd try was better as I actually got to speak with someone in the USA that speaks my language. But after a lengthy call I was told that I was the first person to report this problem and I should, Guess what? Reboot the box.

So I reboot the box and will have to wait a couple of days for the guide to repopulate itself, with no help at all.

I have from top to bottom the following apps, TVAPPS, Scoreguide, Weather, Social TV and What’s Hot. Maybe they should have an app that says What’s Not.

What used to be on the top was the apps store which is now replaced with TVAPPS and it cannot be clicked on and I cannot make any changes to what apps I want and don’t want. When I go to settings Extra and click on TV Apps is no help at all.

DirecTV software gurus, please roll back what you call a software upgrade and don’t release it until it works.

Message 5 of 46
Employee

Dont see what is the problem here.  the "app store" is gone with the update.  what you see is what you get

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 46
Mentor

The problem is that an update is supposed to make things better.

Tech support should hava a clue about changes to the product.

Message 7 of 46
Employee

So there is no problem here..Just what I though. I was confused by your post

Employee Contributor*
Message 8 of 46
Tutor

just what I though. what does that mean. if you dont see any problems with the fact that you cant change the app layout than why are you in this discussion. i dont care about whats hot, social tv or the score guide.  im sure they will figure it out so everyone can access the tv apps. some people just cant leave well enough alone.

Message 9 of 46
Mentor

I am confused by your reply as it makes no sense at all.

What are you smoking?

The problem here is that you are making stupid comments about something that you have no idea what it is about.

I totally agree with hotrod351, the weather was much better left to right.

Top to bottom as it is now sux and the font size is too small to read.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Message 10 of 46
Expert

The TV Apps feature is working perfectly on my HR34 and I was just able to add another App.  Are you folks still having problems?

Message 11 of 46
Teacher

Problem remains with my HR44/C41's, and is as described by Pigman above in his 7/21 post.  Last software upgrade was 7/17 (0x725).  Perhaps the problem is specific to the HR44's. 

Message 12 of 46
Expert

That may well be.  I don't have a HR44 to test, perhaps Peds48 or one of the other TKG's has one and can comment?

Message 13 of 46
Tutor

i have the genie, which ever model that is, and i dont really care which model they call it, but still messed up. facebook the one id like the most not to see. big brother watching. seems like everywhere you go now you need facebook.

Message 14 of 46
Employee

I understand you not liking the new HD TV apps, but to call them "broken" is not right.

Employee Contributor*
Message 15 of 46
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support