Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: NFL Sunday Ticket App no longer supports HDMI output

Tutor

NFL Sunday Ticket App no longer supports HDMI output

Previous years I was able to watch NFL Sunday Ticket on my iPad or iPhone and also connect HDMI output to a TV.  Now it says that HDMI is not supported, what is going on? Has something changed with the app?

Message 1 of 22
Highlighted
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎09-10-2018 4:00 PM

The DirecTV App does not support streaming (AirPlay) via the lightning HDMI interface.   You were lucky if it used to work for you. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 22
ACE - Master

maybe get the app on another device such as roku/firetv/ect

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 22
ACE - Expert

The ability to connect to a TV via hdmi or AirPlay was never supported, if it worked you just got lucky. Apparently newer versions have now blocked it from working.

Message 4 of 22
Contributor

It's funny that I can view my iPhone and my iPad through the lightning connector with the Apple HDMI adapter and see the Directv Guide but as soon as you click on watch it will show the show for a second and then go to it is not supported. This is a Directv problem. There used to be a program that you could download to a Windows laptop and you could watch NFL Sunday Ticket on your laptop. Now it is now where to be found.

Message 5 of 22
ACE - Master

@Traveler5753 wrote:

It's funny that I can view my iPhone and my iPad through the lightning connector with the Apple HDMI adapter and see the Directv Guide but as soon as you click on watch it will show the show for a second and then go to it is not supported. This is a Directv problem. There used to be a program that you could download to a Windows laptop and you could watch NFL Sunday Ticket on your laptop. Now it is now where to be found.

no problem at all, working as intended

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 6 of 22
Tutor

"no problem at all, working as intended"

Incredible that you are not an employee.  To say something like that to a question from a customer is disgraceful.  You are saying that DirecTV does not want it to work as the customer wishes, and you are smug in doing so.  You would fit right in with DirecTV customer service.

Message 7 of 22
ACE - Master

can you show me where it says you can stream from phone/tablet to a tv?

Message 8 of 22
ACE - Expert

@kmc500 wrote:

"no problem at all, working as intended"

Incredible that you are not an employee.  To say something like that to a question from a customer is disgraceful.  You are saying that DirecTV does not want it to work as the customer wishes, and you are smug in doing so.  You would fit right in with DirecTV customer service. 

He's saying that the application is working as DIRECTV intends, and thus DIRECTV doesn't view this as a problem to be corrected.  DIRECTV has agreements with its content providers on how the content is displayed and pays a fee per "TV" in your home for each channel you can watch, and a different (much lower) fee for mobile device access.  If you could watch content on a TV without having to pay DIRECTV for that TV, and thus DIRECTV not pay the content provider, that would upset the payment structure between DIRECTV and the content provider.

Whether you like it or not, whether he likes it or not, he's telling you the truth.  (Which means that he would probably not fit in with DIRECTV Customer Service... Smiley Wink  )

Message 9 of 22
Contributor

My son has  Dish and the HDMI output works perfectly for him 

Message 10 of 22
ACE - Master

dish has a sunday ticket app?

Message 11 of 22

I noticed that.

Message 12 of 22
Contributor

Make sure your NFL app is up to date and that you are still maintaining a $55/month (or more) plan

Message 13 of 22
Contributor

great

Message 14 of 22

Veey sweet
Message 15 of 22
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support