Movies will not fully download on PC

Contributor

Movies will not fully download on PC

I installed the direct TV player  on my PC (Win 7 64 bit) and am having a recurring problem.

when I chose to watch a movie the download will get to 85 percent and just hang.

Twice I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the software and it will work a day are two and then the same thing will happen.

has anyone else had this problem and any idea what might be causing it?

Barry

Message 1 of 21
Scholar

Re: Movies will not fully download on PC

you might want to post this in the Directv2pc forum.

Message 2 of 21
Contributor

Its not the Directv2pc.Its the direct TV player for watching online.

Barry

Message 3 of 21
Tutor

I have the exact same issue. Also running Win 7, 64 bit. Buffers til 85% and sits there.

Using Firefox 17.0.1

Message 4 of 21
Contributor

I have the same problem. I have ensured used of compatibility mode in IE9, reinstalled the viewer, empied the cashe etc. Nothing appears to work, including technical support from Directtv. I suspect that there may be a copatibilityp problem with IE9

Message 5 of 21
Scholar

Copied this from the compatibility page:

Computer:
A PC running Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 7, with any of the following web browsers:

• Firefox 3.5 or above
  • Internet Explorer 8 or above (32-bit).
    Please note:DIRECTV video streaming does not work on any 64-bit version of Internet Explorer.
  • Safari 4 or above
  • Please note:Chrome is currently not fully supported. We recommend using one of the other browsers.

So you can't use it on any 64 bit Internet Explorer. You will have to use the 32 bit version.

According to this, Firefox should work.

Message 6 of 21
Tutor

I realize this is an old post, but I can't seem to find an answer to my problem.  I am having the same issue as above, except I am running Mac OS X 10.8.5.  It tells me that the player is installed, even though I can't seem to find it.  And the movie begins loading, but as soon as it hits 85%, it freezes.  Every time.  Surely someone has figured out the solution to this problem.

Message 7 of 21
Employee

Check for any activate firewalls and then them off, at least as a test

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 21
Tutor

Unfortunately, I have already tried turning on and off the firewall.

Message 9 of 21
Employee

This is 100% a configuration issue on your end. Check for anti viruses

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 10 of 21
Expert

I echo Peds comment.  This all has to do with the configuration on your computer.  I just ran a small portion of Hannah and Her Sisters to make sure the system was working properly.

Message 11 of 21
Tutor

You're probably right, but I need to know how to fix it.  I have googled this issue and other people have had the exact same problem- loading only to 85%.  Exactly.  Then freezing.  So I'm hoping that one of those people figured out how to fix it.  :smileyconfused:

Message 12 of 21
Employee

As I said, check any firewalls, anti-virus software and the like. uninstall them temporarily if you have to

Employee Contributor*
Message 13 of 21
Tutor

I have turned firewalls on, turned firewalls off.  I have reinstalled adobe flash.  I have tried with Safari, and tried with Firefox.  The weirdest thing is that it tells me that I have the direct tv player installed, and the movie partially loads, but when search my computer for the file, I cannot find it.

Message 14 of 21
Expert

I don't think you'll ever find the recording on your computer as the programs are streamed.  The "loading " rotator you see is the configuration and buffer loading.  Because your posts basicall say the download failed at 85%, I'm not clear as to what you are doing, so maybe you try this and see where it fails:

1. open www.directv.com and sign in to your account.
2. Click movie/top movies to watch online/all

3. Scroll down to the movie 10 Years and select it to watch.

Note that most of the movies listed that are not PPV originate on premium channels and you will not be able to watch those unless you subscribe to the underlying channel.  For testing purposes you are further ahead to use the "Guide" to stream a TV program.

Message 15 of 21
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support