Explore & discover

Helpful Links

In the Directv app, can't connect phone to DVR

Highlighted

In the Directv app, can't connect phone to DVR

Trying to connect my DVR to my phone to watch recorded shows.  After an hour and transfer to six people.  Hung up on twice.  (Why do they ask for your number to call you back if disconnected but never do?)  Anyhow, I can sign in to the app with user ID and my password.  When I get to the point of "get started" where you connect your device to your DVR it asks to confirm the sign in information.  But then it says my password doesn't match.  Is there a different password for this portion of the process?  How do I get it?

Message 1 of 15
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by SpokaneFam
‎03-30-2017 2:12 PM

Re: In the Directv app, can't connect phone to DVR

RESOLVED:  Just delete the app and download again.  Then the process works fine. Smiley Happy

Tags (2)
Message 2 of 15

ONLY DO THIS IF YOUR AT HOME CONNECTED TO YOUR WIFI BECAUSE YOU WILL HAVE TO RE-REGISTER YOUR PHONE.  MY APP PROBLEMS ALWAYS HAPPEN WHEN I'M NOT AT HOME.  IT'S FRUSTRATING BECAUSE I SIMPLY AM NOT GOING TO WATCH TV ON MY PHONE WHILE I'M AT HOME.  THATS WHAT BIG SCREENS ARE FOR.  THIS DID NOT HELP ME......I LEARNED THE HARD WAY

Message 3 of 15
Teacher

The DIRECTV remote app isn't compatible with the new HS17 Genie 2 system. The only receiver that the app connects to is the Genie 2, and it can't even be connected to a TV  

Message 4 of 15
Teacher

When troubleshooting with the Chat Tech online it was decided there was a problem with the DVR. She scheduled a tech to come out the next day. She stated he would bring a new DVR.      Just had the technician leave saying everything is OK. The tech told me it's the app, that it is bad and we will constantly have problems. When He got it to work he reset the HR44, reconnected it to the network, then it worked. Yet, my Galaxy Tab and s7 will not connect to the DVR. It states "We couldn't connect to your DVR". It then has a list of items about connecting. Is it at least an HR44 (HR44 700), is it connected to high speed internet (200meg), if you need help go to (I'm here). If it persists enter your IP address manually. (212)    (192.168.1.13) and it states "sorry, we couldn't connect to your Genie HD DVR. Make sure your genie and device are connected to the same network". I tried 3 more times on both the Galaxy Tab A and the Galaxy s7. Still got the same old information with no connection. The HR44 has been recycled (power) 3 times. Still the same bull. Being a Electro-Mechanical (Robotics) Engineer I have concluded that it is obviously a faulty HR44. two different devices at the same time having the same exact problem... obviously not the app!!  If not does anybody else having any answers?  

Message 5 of 15
Tutor

Didn't work for me

Message 6 of 15

On my iPhone XR app won’t even let me press the get started button nothing happens 

Message 7 of 15
Tutor

I’m having the same issue as everyone else. Talked to Directv today they are still working on the new update. Over a month with the same issue. 

Message 8 of 15

Yea same here I can watch the 200 n up channels but not local channels or stuff on DVR cause still can’t press the button can tap on everything else in the app guess takes forever for the new phones app to be updated hope fix soon 

Message 9 of 15
Contributor

I constantly —CONSTANTLY—have the same issues. Can’t count the number of times I have gone through the “solution” steps every one has offered. I think it’s a bad app as well as bad technology. 

Once in a while it works. Most of the time it doesn’t!

Message 10 of 15

Well the app always works besides that small issue had no probs on my iPhone 8 Plus I upgrade now have issues
Message 11 of 15
Contributor

I have the same issue can’t select the get started button on registering my device on iPhone XR 

Message 12 of 15
Explorer

Mine has not worked since my account was merged in August. I’ve called many many times with no solution. I have been told by various direct tv techs that:

1- this is a known problem

2- no one else has this problem

3- we will “escalate” this issue & call you back ( never receive a call back)

4- I shouldn’t use the directtv app...only use the AT&T app (which bounces you back to the Directtv app once you try to stream or download!)

5- my personal favorite- tech told me she has the same problem & hasn’t been able to resolve the issue!!!!

In addition many of the techs (and this site included) don’t have the new on-screen menu so their troubleshooting steps aren’t applicable.

Very very frustrating!!!!!

Message 13 of 15
Tutor

This does not work.

Message 14 of 15
Tutor

I have had the exact same issues that you have. I changed out my DVR as well and it still doesn't work. And I can't get anybody at DirecTV to help or even understand. They keep saying they are going escalate my issue  to the NET team and someone will contact me but no one ever does. I am very frustrated with all of this. I wish somebody would come up with a solution!

Message 15 of 15
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support