Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How can i watch record programs on my new PC

Highlighted
Contributor

How can i watch record programs on my new PC

I just bought a new computer running win 10and when i connected it to my home wi-fi network it scaned every other device conected to this network and found my diretv DVR conected at the other end of the house. Windows media player pulled up the recorded tv program menu from my DVR and i saw an ad on TV saying that there is suposed to be a way to watch recorded TV on any device in my house, Called directv to find out how its done but they do not know and have never seen there own TV ad, How do i watch recorded TV on other devices on my home wireless network?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 12
Scholar
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎04-28-2016 10:56 AM

Re: How can i watch record programs on my new PC

You would need a GenieGo to view your recordings on other devices. Currently DIRECTV has suspended the sales until they are done creating a newer model. The Gen1 and Gen2 model can still be purchased at other sources such as amazon, ebay, weaknees, solid signal etc. 

Also, the slingbox would work but you would need an Internet connection to stream the recordings. The GenieGo allows you to download them to view with out Internet. 

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 12
Tutor

Yes, the GenieGO allowed all this.  The new Mobile DVR does not.  Only from mobile devices, not PC or Mac.

Totally a rip off! 

Message 3 of 12
ACE - Master

@LatinJewL wrote:

Yes, the GenieGO allowed all this.  The new Mobile DVR does not.  Only from mobile devices, not PC or Mac.

Totally a rip off! 

there is a workaround

simply install an android emulator in your pc, and use the android app

done

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 12
ACE - Expert

www.bignox.com

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 12
Scholar

Not neccessary!  The GenieGO app for windows still works for DVR content.  I use it everyday on my laptop.(if you still have the old installer use it, and the app will update itself).  I have the new MobileDVR service so I know it works.

Message 6 of 12
ACE - Master

@steveymacjr wrote:

Not neccessary!  The GenieGO app for windows still works for DVR content.  I use it everyday on my laptop.(if you still have the old installer use it, and the app will update itself).  I have the new MobileDVR service so I know it works.

geniego is no longer supported, and will no longer be updated

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 7 of 12
Scholar

The hardware is not supported, the app is though,i keep getting updates.

Message 8 of 12
Mentor

So all the time I've been on the phone trying to troubleshoot the DVR to let me watch on my PC was not only a waste of time, but att/DirecTV has no idea that this system that was advised so much in 2016 isn't available anymore! Which is why it shows my old settings from 2016 Christmas as I purchased Red2 for my birthday and Christmas present for myself! And now my DVR is acting up probably because they refreshed it 2 weeks ago! This is a marketing attempt to get everyone to purchase all HD products and digital services! Well sorry some of us have older stuff that works perfectly well! And others are below poverty level from death of a spouse, disabled or retired and are lucky just to have TV in the first place!!! I'm not buying one more new phone, TV DVR DVD player nothing I'm alone and in my 60s! Maybe sling TV is more user friendly

Message 9 of 12
Mentor

Are you saying a standard box will work? But if it's hooked up it's not activated! I'll be darned if I'm paying for 2 different boxes just to see my DVR on PC and because it was refreshed 2 weeks ago I lost all my recordings, I'd like to reset the box from here but afraid I'll loose my set recording. I didn't even know that there's a setting for autorecord for show's not given a certain date. DirecTV has no idea how to work it I already lost one and have to go back and fix it! I've just about had it with DTV

Message 10 of 12
ACE - Expert

@Newtoyou, what DVR model do you have?  You say "standard box".  The only DVRs that work with the DirecTV App on your smart device (or a PC with an Android App emulator), are the modern Genie DVRs (HR44, HR54 and HS17).

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 11 of 12
Mentor

Pretty sure it's the HR44 one and I'm not going to try to view on the computer anymore I did it a year and a half ago because my analog/digital stopped working and I needed to keep up to date with my show's! I actually get sick from looking at a tablet or PC I get a migraine in 15min. But I wanted to see if I still could because of my tech that fixed my laptop and upgraded the windows to 10 there's a lot of issues with 10 and using edge as your browser it's not user friendly with Flash drive and though I have direDir media player in my library I can't use it unless I get flashplflash and trying to download certain things get blocked by windows! I also figured that since most PC have a DVD drive that DTV is blocked it's PC usage so movies can't be copied do to copy right laws thought it does say for personal use only that something can be recorded! And since I live by myself that's the only person who will be watching.Thanks Deb

Message 12 of 12
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support