Explore & discover

Helpful Links

HDMI eror

Contributor

HDMI eror

I understand everyone saying it’s not supported to use air play from your iPhone to Apple TV, my problem with all of this is that it was a selling point to me. I just got direct tv because I was talked into it at the AT &T store because I bounce between 2 homes and a camp and was told I could play it through Air play. So bought 2 Apple TV boxes and the plan. Now that I’m locked into a 2 year contract I’m being told it’s not supported when it was their employees that told me about it to begin with.  I did not know about Air play and Apple TV  until they told me how to do it . How is that fair?

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: HDMI eror

You where misinformed, AT&T store personal are not employees of DTV but are treated as third party vendors that can only send new orders to DTV and can't do anything with existing accounts

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
ACE - Master

return the appl boxes

that third party sales person lied to make a sale

or use the channel specific apps, they may work, or may not.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6
ACE - Expert

@Bellasteph 

DirecTV's service model is you pay for each TV authorized on the service. Since it would avoid paying for the TV, the DirecTV app is not supposed to allow streaming to a TV so airplay/casting/tethering to TV is not supported.

Though AT&T now owns DirecTV, the store employees are specifically the AT&T side. So similar to 3rd party vendors (like they used to be), they can only send an order for new service to DirecTV. They don't manage existing account.

If you got the Apple TV boxes primarily for the DirecTV app, see if you are within the return for them.

With any company be wary of what sales agents say. Especially in a store where it is common to be a high-pressured sales environment to get the commission.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

I understand, just seems a bit unfair. I pay for 2 TVs in the home with the dish, when I’m not physically there it’s two TVs elsewhere. Which is what the att sales people sold me on. I understand the principle just bad practice.
Message 5 of 6
ACE - Master

no, you pay for service at home only, doesnt matter where you are

its the same with any provider, service is for the home

have you tried the station apps?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support