Helpful Links

Genie receiver will not download pandora or YouTube apps

Tutor

Genie receiver will not download pandora or YouTube apps

I Had new genie and mini genie receivers installed last Thursday, and I still do not have the pandora or YouTube apps downloaded.  I have reset the receiver, tried to update the software using the "02468" command, and every time I call customer service they walk me through connecting to the Internet again, then tell me to wait "another 24 hours" and it will download.  I am tired of waiting, and just want the receiver to work as advertised.  Anyone else have this problem?

Message 1 of 16
Employee

Re: Genie receiver will not download pandora or YouTube apps

STOP resetting, it just makes it worse!

Press the DASH button on your DirecTV remote, does the pop up message indicates "Internet: Connected"?

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 16
Tutor

YEs it does

Message 3 of 16
Employee

when was the last tie you reset the receiver?

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 16
Tutor

ABout 1.5 hours ago

Message 5 of 16
Employee

It can take up to 48 hours since you last reset.  patience

Employee Contributor*
Message 6 of 16
Expert

Tired of waiting or not, the data you need is downloaded via the Internet on a background basis so it filters in over time.  Each time you reset, it wipes the data and you must start from scratch.

Message 7 of 16
Tutor

thank you everyone, you were right, when I checked this morning both

YouTube and Pandora were there! I guess patience is a virtue!

Message 8 of 16
Employee

jas13rn wrote:

I guess patience is a virtue!

Yup.  Awesome.  Thanks for the update.

If you think your question was resolved, please mark the question as answered. Thanks!

Employee Contributor*
Message 9 of 16
Contributor

Does it download Netflix also??
Message 10 of 16
Employee

Laura, that post was from 3 years ago.  TV apps have changed dramatically since then.  And no, Netflix is not one of the TV apps that Directv has.  They do have Directv OnDemand which is similar.

Employee Contributor*
Message 11 of 16
Contributor

It has been two days since I talked to DirecTV about the software upgrade for my mini genie.  I'm still not able to get Pandora set up on my TV.  I do get Pandora on the main TV where the DVR receiver is located but not on any of the other mini genie locations.  Is there something else I need to do?

Message 12 of 16
Contributor

Fls88 Pandora on Genie receiver.

I can get Pandora on my Genie receiver by pushing the "search" button and scrolling down to "extras"
Message 13 of 16
Contributor

Fls88 Pandora on Genie receiver.

I can get Pandora on my Genie receiver by pushing the "menu" button and scrolling down to "extras"
Message 14 of 16
Contributor

Re: Fls88 Pandora on Genie receiver.

I have had pandora forever,  but don't have YouTube.  How do you download additional apps.  Can't remember my Genie model,  but it's the main receiver in the living room. Installed a year ago. 

Thanks

Tags (3)
Message 15 of 16
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support