Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Error 212

Teacher

Error 212

I was connected to my receiver for a couple of years with no issues watching DVR when outside of home. All of a sudden about 2 months ago I began getting a notice to register my device. When I try to register while I’m home on same WiFi as receiver & iPhone 6S Plus I am receiving error 212. This error makes no sense as I’m on the same WiFi & showing correct IP. I have deleted the app, reset my router, my directv box, & directv network. I also have tried to register device while connected directly to the router. The receiver shows connected & I can use the remote. It shows me the IP address for the receiver. At this point I’ve about given up, it should not be this difficult. I just want to be able to watch my DVR on my phone when I’m away from home like I’ve done the past several years. 

Message 1 of 15
Teacher

Re: Error 212

A1CD116E-C0BF-465D-8162-C9AD2867C508.pngError 212

1A87D0AE-138E-4169-90C0-31EF501D165F.pngAlso can’t even send an error report about it.

Message 2 of 15
Teacher

42B6C08B-6723-4D75-BD2D-5334DBA5BF20.pngConnected to living room receiver but can not register device?

C7EE2248-F276-4142-8977-002449CCBB82.pngRegister device but device is connected to receiver?

Message 3 of 15

Same ! Did they get it fixed? 

Message 4 of 15
Teacher

Nope, I never heard from anyone just like every other time I e tried to get help on the forum.
Message 5 of 15
Contributor

i've had the same problem for more than 9 weeks, i was forced to change my email from the regular email to the att.net email and have not been able to use since.  they say it's been escalated this last time, but it seems they didn't actually do that the 7 prior times they said they escalated it.

Message 6 of 15
Tutor

Same issue here, for at least a couple months now. I’ve called a million times, had an agent at my house who replaced my DVR, called again today, and still I get error 212 and the app says I am “Out of Home”. Really frustrating because I’ve done all the troubleshooting and I am on the same subnet on my devices and router. Either the problem is account based or app based, but I have no communication with my router through the app. I keep getting empty promises that the issue is known and will be resolved shortly and that it’s been forwarded to engineering and they will reach out to me (this has never happened). This happens after the CSR has reached the extent of their troubleshooting and they have no answer for me. 

Message 7 of 15

Yes !!! Same here. Escalation seems to mean let me get you off the phone. My fiancé is working away and can only watch the app but can’t now for months!
Message 8 of 15
Teacher

I never received any further communications if I don’t pursue it. They just hope we will go away I guess.
Message 9 of 15
Teacher

I haven’t received any responses either. I’ve done everything asked of me & nothing from Directv. It’s so annoying to pay for services you can’t use. Im on vacation now & would love to watch my DVR but can’t get access.
Message 10 of 15

Same here.  Spent hours on the phone with directv.  They said it was a known issue and would escalate it to the engineering dept.  I did get an email about a week later from the engineering dept saying they’re happy the issue was resolved when it was not.  Very frustrating.  They advertise features they know will not work on certain receivers.

Message 11 of 15
Mentor

Anybody get a solution? Looks like folks have been having problems for months, I started with this issue a couple of weeks ago. I have tried and experienced all that others have reported. My cuuent status: I really need help. About ready to leave att altogether I am so frustrated. My mobile app on my iPad and I phone will not register with my dvr. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my app, manually reconnected my dvr ( re-entering password), rebooted dvr ( a 54) and rebooted my router. I have been on the phone many times over the past few weeks with tech support - each time they have me redo all the steps I tried before calling. I primarily watch my dvr shows downloaded on my pad. I can not do that now.

anybody have a suggestion ( even contacted att customer retention, who got an “expert” on the line. We were immediately disconnected and nobody called back ( even though they asked for my call back every time I call in.

Message 12 of 15
Teacher

I gave up. Direct support was no help & online assist was also worthless. We cancelled our service & stream everything now for $35 a month & I have no streaming issues now.
Message 13 of 15

I’m about to this point.  This is ridiculous!  Since AT&T took over, Direct TV is horrible.

Message 14 of 15
Teacher

I switched to slingtv, mich better streaming option. Direct would not address or fix my issue so I mailed all their boxes back to them. They own SlingTV and the streaming is awesome & only $20 a month!
Message 15 of 15
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support