Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Error 102 - Steaming on another device

Error 102 - Steaming on another device

I have used the directv app consistently for months and watch my DVR recorded shows. As of this week, I continually receive the error on my iPad and iPhone stating "Looks like your receiver is already streaming to another mobile device." That is not the case, nobody else is streaming. Both devides are up to date with IOS and I deleted the apps and reinstalled. Nothing corrects the issue. I am able to watch LIVE tv, just not access shows recorded on my DVR. Please advise. Thank you.

Message 1 of 26

Re: Error 102 - Steaming on another device

I’ve had to reset my main Genie a lot lately & it’s very inconvenient. Especially while you are recording something as it interrupts the recording. 

Message 16 of 26
Contributor

Having the same problem.  Will try resetting the DVR.  I really hate that AT&T acquired Directv.  Nothing I’ve ever had with AT&T works right.

Message 17 of 26
Contributor

I am having streaming problems to my mobile device. It continues to say it’s streaming to another device when I’m not. I saw someone replied to reset their dvr, but will this delete my recordings?

Message 18 of 26
ACE - Expert

@Jenwri wrote:

I am having streaming problems to my mobile device. It continues to say it’s streaming to another device when I’m not. I saw someone replied to reset their dvr, but will this delete my recordings?

No, it won't delete your recordings. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 19 of 26
Mentor

I have come to realize that the DIRECT Apps are pure trash. It has become much less frustrating now that I actually do not expect it to ever work properly. It isn’t right, but after constantly complaining for about a year, nothing changes. I have the same problem “Receiver is in use or you are streaming to another device”. My receiver is off and I don’t use the DIRECT App on any other devices. 

Message 20 of 26
Tutor

Hello???  Is there anyone from DirecTV reading this post? With over 6000 views, this appears to be a very common problem.  I tried resetting the DVR remotely once, and then I lost all of my recordings.  I have some questions:

1. Is there a safe way to reset your Genie/DVR remotely?
  2. Is anyone in the support area programming a solution to this problem? 
  3. Does anyone know what causes this problem to appear in the first place?

My wife is close to throwing her iPad across the room if we can't fix this!!!

Message 21 of 26
Teacher

Corporate greed above customer service, typical!

Message 22 of 26
Teacher

Amen!, AT&T has really screwed the pooch when it comes to Directv.  AT&T messed up my bundled billing so bad it took 3 months to fix!  Chose to go back to separate bills.  Will NEVER bundle both wireless and Directv again. Not worth the excruciating waste of my time!

Message 23 of 26
Mentor

Clearly, AT&T doesn’t know how to solve this 102 error code. I’ve been able to stream within and outside my LAN with no problem until I get the 102 code. Resetting the Genie is NOT a permanent fix. Nothing more that just kicking the can down the road. AT&T needs to stop advertising this feature until they can make it work! Very frustrating when you’re trying to take a game you’re watching with you.

Message 24 of 26
Teacher

You hit the nail on the head! Thank you!
Message 25 of 26
Mentor

I retired from an AT&T Headquarters building after thirty five years of service. I’ve had Directv for about 17 years.Before AT&T acquired Directv the service they provided was excellent. No waiting for 30 minutes for a CSR. Calls were answered promptly by a TRAINED CSR in the United States. Many people said they hoped AT&T wouldn’t drag it down. We all now know the sad answer to that question.

Rather than focusing everything on the acquisition of Time Warner, AT&T should take care of the many problems they already have.

Message 26 of 26
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support