Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Directv app default home channel

Contributor

Directv app default home channel

The default channel that comes up when I stream live tv through the app on my phone is always CNN. Is there a way to set this to a specific channel of my choice?

Message 1 of 3
Employee
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎07-18-2019 10:52 PM

Re: Directv app default home channel

Negative. The app is set to default to the lowest channel number. When I am at home that is one of my locals (I forget which one) and when I travel it happens to be CNN (ch 202).

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Directv app default home channel

Why doesn’t AT&T just sell off CNN. It’s a ridiculous horrible FAKE NEWS channel that’s an embarrassment to what our country’s founders fought for regarding a “free” press, not one that is corrupt and disingenuous.  AT&T and DirecTV are going to lose me as a multi-decade customer if they don’t either fix CNN and the tanked ratings my money is supporting or sell it off. So horrible AT&T is even associated with CNN. 

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support