Explore & discover

Helpful Links

DirectTv remote and Netflix

Highlighted
Contributor

DirectTv remote and Netflix

How can I get to my Netflix app on my smart tv using the Direct Tv remote.  I can use the Samsung Tv remote to get there but I can figure out how to program the DTV remote to do the same thing.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by acizik
‎03-07-2018 3:58 PM

Re: DirectTv remote and Netflix

DirecTV has no interaction with Netflix. All it can do is using the input button to change which input of the TV you are on. On the new style RC7X (Genie, "peanut") remotes the ENTER button in the lower right corner has the dual function of INPUT. Just press and hold and your remote would blink letting you click through the available inputs, or if like my TV pull up the input selection screen.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
ACE - Expert

You can also get a better remote like the Logitech Harmony series.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6
Contributor

I can pull up Netflix using my DirecTV remote, but once in Netflix the remote doesn’t work to scroll or work within Netflix.  Is there a way to do that with the DirecTV remote or do I need another controller?

Message 4 of 6
ACE - Expert

@Tetelle wrote:

I can pull up Netflix using my DirecTV remote, but once in Netflix the remote doesn’t work to scroll or work within Netflix.  Is there a way to do that with the DirecTV remote or do I need another controller?

Not sure how you're able to pull up Netflix on your DirecTV Remote?  Maybe because you're selecting a TV "input" , and one of the inputs is labeled "Netflix"?  

At any rate, as you've discovered, the DirecTV remote cannot control any of the functions within your TV's Netflix app.  You'll need to use the TV remote.  Or get a fancier remote control, like Logitech Harmony.

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert

DirecTV remote allows you to change the input of your TV, not connect to Netflix itself. At that point you use the remote of whatever device you are using to access Netflix (Roku, Apple TV,), or the TV remote if you have a "smart" TV with a downloaded Netflix app.

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support