Explore & discover

Helpful Links

DirectTV App on Samsung Galaxy 8

Highlighted
Contributor

DirectTV App on Samsung Galaxy 8

I've been trying this for months now and can't get it resolved.. My device is registered from my home network  however,  I'm only able to watch shows on my phone at home (pointless). When I'm away from home, the App only allows me to watch live TV. I can't gain access to my DVR playlist to watch shows that i have recorded on my Genie receiver...

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎05-01-2019 10:35 PM

Re: DirectTV App on Samsung Galaxy 8

@Gadgetboss wrote:

I've been trying this for months now and can't get it resolved.. My device is registered from my home network  however,  I'm only able to watch shows on my phone at home (pointless). When I'm away from home, the App only allows me to watch live TV. I can't gain access to my DVR playlist to watch shows that i have recorded on my Genie receiver...

Right. The app was "updated" in March and no longer supports steaming from your DVR out-of-home. 

Consider getting a Slingbox to do that. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: DirectTV App on Samsung Galaxy 8

Wow..... I think would have been great for customer service to know.  They had me reset my receiver and do soo many troubshooting steps with no resolution.

I wonder why DTV made that change? Its was a cool feature to have..

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support