Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Direct tv app

Tutor

Direct tv app

Recently did the update for the DIRECTV app and now on my TV it says HDMI unsupported only 1 channel works is there a new update to take care of this?? 

Message 1 of 26
ACE - Expert

@Mmichalak, the DIRECTV App on what platform?  Phone, tablet, or something else?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 26
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎08-06-2018 2:44 PM

directv does not support streaming in its app

its for viewing on phone/tablet only

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 26
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Mmichalak
‎07-09-2018 4:22 PM

Ah, mdram4x4, of course.  And that goes to my next point.  DIRECTV never meant to allow users to display content on large screens from their phones and tablets and have finally fixed their app so it no longer works.  You can't user either an HDMI cable or "casting" (including AirPlay) to do so.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 26
Tutor

Phone and iPad
Message 5 of 26
Tutor

Why not?

Message 6 of 26
ACE - Expert

The channels will not allow DTV to do it they want their $7.00 additional TV fee.

Message 7 of 26
Tutor

It is apparent that I am not the only customer who can no longer stream shows on directv app on both iPhone and iPad. I was on the phone with tech support for half hour until she fessed up that the issue is on their end. Do you know if they are getting anywhere with resolving this issue? App has been down for 3 months.

Message 8 of 26
ACE - Master

@Boyack21 wrote:

It is apparent that I am not the only customer who can no longer stream shows on directv app on both iPhone and iPad. I was on the phone with tech support for half hour until she fessed up that the issue is on their end. Do you know if they are getting anywhere with resolving this issue? App has been down for 3 months.

viewing on the phone?

it should work

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 9 of 26
Highlighted
Tutor

Does not work on iPhone or ipad

Message 10 of 26
ACE - Master

this thread is about mirroring a phone/ tablet to a tv

as has been said, this is not supposed to work.

if you are talking about just viewing on the phone, then you may want to start a thread about that

Message 11 of 26
Tutor

Both phone and tablet 

Message 12 of 26
ACE - Master

if you decide to increase your vocabulary and answer the question i will reply, until them

GROOT

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable
Solution
Accepted by Associated Member (Associated Member)
Accepted by rldvxi
‎08-11-2018 11:45 AM

DTV app no longer supports content ONLY through HDMI. (such as the ZTE projector) 
There has been some blockage on casting but if you use an adapter, works just fine. 

I know anything regarding HDMI input and or casting gets blocked due to copyright. 

But there are other options that work just fine. 

DTV app that is...

Also make sure when you are casting your set is tuned to 480p resolution.

Anything higher will not work for casting w/app 

Tags (1)
Message 14 of 26
Contributor

I’m wondering the same thing. The app won’t load. Says to use att U-verse app to manage my account. Is anyone else getting the same message?

Message 15 of 26
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support