Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Direct tv app won’t play on TV.

Tutor

Direct tv app won’t play on TV.

When I connect my iPhone app to my smart TV I’m getting a message  HDMI output not supported .  It worked fine up to last week.   I have a different TV app and that one works. I only get that message when using DIRECTV app . 

Message 1 of 127
ACE - Expert

Re: Direct tv app won’t play on TV.

@GarySchleuning wrote:
Just got off tech support conversation. Confirmed (what we already knew) that app is not currently intended to support displaying using HDMI cable, but confirmed that they have had received numerous requests through numerous forums and are working on providing an updated app.

So we will see what happens in the future.

I don't believe it.  They just told you that to get you off the phone. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 121 of 127
ACE - Master

man times have changed, tv and camping? thats a new concept to me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 122 of 127

Very possible, I guess we will see if they actually listen to their customer base. Just read article that DirectV is losing customers in last 2 quarters at a much larger rate than they had predicted. Actually very large numbers. Maybe time to do something good for their remaining customers or risk losing more.

Message 123 of 127

And yes camping has changed, 16’ RVs are now 40’+ with 3 - 4 TV’s. Everyone expects to have their cell phones work, TV and internet access to stay connected. Doesn’t make it right or wrong but the way it is now.

Message 124 of 127
ACE - Expert

I go camping or hiking and there are no cell towers. If there is internet then that sounds too close to the city.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 125 of 127
ACE - Master

i have been advocating for years for directv to ditch anything internet related and get back to satellite.  they havent listened yet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 126 of 127

I couldn’t agree with you more. Leave the internet space for the other big players and promote and expand on things they can’t do. The reason people are running to internet options is because satellite services have gotten too expensive. The ATT/directv relationship could be huge if they capitalized on it. It is what got me to switch. Was told I would save money having both (didn’t happen). Believed in their remote watching without burning cell data (now restricted to small screens) and can’t watch local channels unless I am sitting at home.
It’s right there in front of them to take and run with but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Message 127 of 127
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support