Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Direct tv app problems

Contributor

Direct tv app problems

I can stream shows fine on my phone, but if I plug into an HDMI cord to the tv I get an error message that says the content isn’t available. It seems to be with popular viewing such as the World Cup and MTV challenge. Disney jr never has a problem.

Message 1 of 11
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by JefferMC
‎07-10-2018 7:17 PM

Re: Direct tv app problems

DTV's mobile app doesn't support streaming/casting to a TV so it is working as intended.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 11
Contributor

On my phone in which I have the iPhone X every time that I try to load up the application for Direct TV it takes me to the website into the website, but from there forward as soon as a direct me back to applications in the Safari or a normal process that the iPhone has it will not load it and tells me unknown error

Message 3 of 11
Contributor

Just to clear the air a little bit, I’m not trying to stream nothing is just strictly from my phone

Message 4 of 11
Contributor

When I type my password I keep getting a message that I have used an invalid character. I am only using numbers and letters and have changed passwords already. I have even uninstalled the app and reinstalled and cleared my browser cache too. The password is correct but it tells me I have an invalid character

Message 5 of 11
Contributor

I am having the same problem with directv app saying invalid character and I’ve already changed passwords. I also uninstalled app and tried again. 

Message 6 of 11
Contributor

What about hooking up an adapter so it goes from usb c to hdmi or even a straight cord.

Message 7 of 11
Contributor

Why doesn’t DTV app support streaming from my phone via hdmi to my tv

Message 8 of 11
ACE - Expert

@Timm55 wrote:

Why doesn’t DTV app support streaming from my phone via hdmi to my tv

Because they want you to get a box for each TV. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 11
Tutor

This needs to be chaged.  I wanted something equal toDISH’s highly functioning tv  everywhere answer and DIrect TV not working when I travel to coect to my tv imy hotel or in workout roomthat I cant get connected is a big load ofbs.  Whomever was so ignorant and greedy as tothikyou are going to FORCE customers by more boxes is missing a brain.  I cant have a box for all needed applications and I shouldnt need when we already pay.  And dont say “fixed” bc this not working will send everyone back toDISH that works everywhere.   

Message 10 of 11
Tutor

That award winning certificate just makes a customer mad that feels cheated.  Its not a good policy and Att shold reverse that decision immediately.  

Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support