Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Direct TV App

Contributor

Direct TV App

I am a current DirectTV subscriber in my home. I have rented a house for vacation which has a TV with no cable service hooked up. I have an Apple TV and wanted to use the DirectTV app that I use on my iPad to watch DirectTV on the house TV, but I am unable to locate the DirectTV app. Does AT&T have a DirectTV app for Apple TV for existing DirectTV subscribers?

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎07-03-2019 1:59 PM

Re: Direct TV App

No, there is no app for Apple TV or any other streaming device. The Directv app is for mobile devices (phones and tablets) only. You also won’t be able to airplay from your phone to the Apple TV. The Directv app does not support that.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Direct TV App

As of March 4th you can no longer stream from your DVR when you are outside your home network.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support