Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: DirecTV app issues

Employee

DirecTV app issues

I am connected to my DVR through the app. But I'm only able to view all my channels while at home and connected to the same wifi as the Genie. If I am away from home, I'm unable to remotely view all my channels. Only certain ones are able to be viewed. This was not the case before. I used to be able to view all my channels on the app remotely before and now I cant. I've totally cleared all data from the app and resynced the app to the Genie. And still I dont get all my channels remotely. it really makes having the app not worth it if it's going to function this way. Is there any other tips to help with this?

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎06-03-2019 10:36 PM

On March 4th DTV changed the app, they dropped streaming from the Genie and only some channels still work.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Employee

If that were the case, then why do I still get all the channels on the app while I'm home and connected to the wifi that the Genie is connected to?

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

When you are in your home network you can stream from the Genie and get all channels.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support