DirecTV App not streaming shows

Contributor

DirecTV App not streaming shows

My receiver DirecTV Genie HR 44-500 is connected to the internet, (I reset and tested it - twice) as are the other 3 which are all C41-100 (minis). I am able to see and control them using my kindle. They all have "green lights"... but I CAN NOT watch any shows on my Kindle Fire. As soon as I try to, I get "OUT OF HOME" - I follow the suggested steps to verify home wi-fi & IP address... all is good except my "Control Status is then Disabled" once I try to watch a channel on my kindle.... Can anyone please help? I have done the online chat help and got no solution.

Message 1 of 3 (741 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: DirecTV App not streaming shows

You need a GenieGo to stream shows from your HD DVR's to your Kindle.

http://www.directv.com/geniego

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (181 Views)
Employee

Re: DirecTV App not streaming shows

Go to the HR44 MENU and under Whole-Home make sure External Access is enabled

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (181 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!