Explore & discover

Helpful Links

DVR on the Go - it's HERE!

Community Support

DVR on the Go - it's HERE!

Presentation1.jpg

Are you traveling and have a long layover? Waiting on your doctor? Do you have DIRECTV service? If you do, keep entertained with the DIRECTV App and watch your recording wherever you go using the Mobile DVR!

What you can do:

• Download show from your DVR to your device
  • Stream recorded content from your Genie on a mobile In-Home or Out-of-Home(mobile data rates will apply*)

What you will need:

• Updated DVR firmware
  • Compatible client devices. Click here to learn more.
  • Compatible app – make sure to download the latest version of the DIRECTV app for your mobile device*
  • Compatible DVR Genie (HR44/HR54) or Genie Lite (H44 +HDD).
  • Active broadband service (dial up and Satellite internet are not eligible)
  • DIRECTV service. Don’t have it? We can help, just sent us a message.

Memory needed for downloaded programming on the device:

• 30-minute program uses approximately 300 megabytes
  • 1-hour program uses approximately 610 megabytes
  • 2-hour program uses approximately 1.2 gigabytes
  • If the video is over 6 hours long, content will fail to download.

-ATTDIRECTVCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 47
Teacher

Re: DVR on the Go - it's HERE!

Also without a GenieGO you only have access to the GenieDVR to download shows.
Message 16 of 47
Tutor

Want a straight answer because this post says must have "Compatible DVR Genie (HR44/HR54) or Genie Lite (H44 +HDD)" but customer support is saying HR24 and above are compatible. I have an HR34 because when I switched 2 months ago they said they no longer did the Genies. So will I be able to use this feature with an HR34 or not?

Message 17 of 47
Expert

@tcholt No, in order to use MobileDVR currently you need and HR44, HR54 or H44 with hard drive kit installed

Message 18 of 47
Tutor

I spent over half an hour telling the dumb offshore resource that all documentation I see online says that exact thing but he kept telling me no. I guess I'll have to keep calling back until I finally get someone with a brain. It pi$$es me off because I just switched to DirecTV a couple of months ago and specifically asked, multiple times, if I'd be able to view my DVR recordings when away from home and was told yes each time. So switch and then can't ever get it to work and told no it doesn't work with your equipment and we no longer do the genie dvrs. And now here we are and genie dvrs are on the website and now the only way this works. Really feeling that AT&T and DirecTV are completely dishonest and now I'm screwed with this 2 year contract.

Message 19 of 47
Contributor

how come i cannot stream my recordings to my mac ? when im in my home network it keeps reverting to the on demand version of the show even when streaming as well, i want to STREAM my OWN recordings from my own genie NOT stream them as on demand content, inside and outside my home network.. i do not want to have to watch commercials ,,, why is this not working ? 

Message 20 of 47
Tutor

Why does this not work on the PC like the GenieGO did???

WHEN WILL YOU HAVE AN OPITION FOR WINDOWS BASED PC'S?

Message 21 of 47
Teacher

I dont want to watch recorded shows on a mobile device, I want to watch them on my laptop which has way more storage and a much bigger screen.  I lover GenieGo and have used it almost every day for 3 years - please dont take it away.  Or - if you have to (which I do not know why you can't keep supporting it) - make a windows and mac app that you can download shows to.  Between this and the nfl short cuts only being available on mobile as well you are making me a very irate customer - I used to love having direcTV but ever since the ATT purchase the decisions you have made has outright sucked.  Think of the customer before you drive everyone away.

Message 22 of 47
Tutor

PLEASE HELP US>>>>>Man Happy

Message 23 of 47
Teacher

I just got off the phone with them.  No help coming.  Geniego device is going away and the Genie itself will now do the processing.  It does it at a speed of 1 to 1 where Geniego device was musch faster.  Said it was an upgrade and that you no longer needed to have a Geniego device.  Upgrade for people without the device, but a downgrade for customers who paid for the device.  Plus if you have more than one DVR you can no longer download from it as Genie will only process what is on that DVR.

Message 24 of 47
Mentor

Yeah - those of us that had the GenieGo paid $99 for it.  I bought it last year and DTV did not tell me that it was soon not going to be sold anymore.  Believe me, I would not have wasted the $.

Now, all customers who have the correct Genie DVR can get the ON TH GO for free.

TELL ME HOW IS THIS FAIR!! 

At least they could give those of us who bought it some kind of refund!!!

Message 25 of 47
Expert

@kschuetze you were able to use the service well ahead of those who had the HR44.  MobileDVR just became available this month, even if you and an HR44 for two years

Message 26 of 47
Tutor

HELP.....US

Message 27 of 47
Teacher

So those of us you paid for the Geniego and used the service get screwed and evryone else now gets it for free.  Good way to treat long time customers.

Message 28 of 47
Tutor

Is DIRECTV planning on creating a Windows and Mac app? 

I miss being able to download recorded programs on my Mac laptop and being able to watch them without an internet connection (like on an airplane)

The laptop has a bigger screen, more storage space and a bigger battery. Mobile devices don't.

Message 29 of 47
Expert

@jdherman let's only hope....

Message 30 of 47
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support