Explore & discover

Helpful Links

DIRECTV App problem with Fox News

Teacher

DIRECTV App problem with Fox News

I’ve been watching and assessing this issue for a while and now I’m complaining. I experience zero issues with the DIRECTV app when I choose to watch CNN or MSNBC. No incidences of buffering or app player freezing while watching on my iPhone. However, I constantly encounter these issues when I choose to watch Fox News via the DIRECTV app. 

ATT, your app developers need some oversight! I pay for DiRECTV and ATT wireless service. I don’t want, need, or appreciate some app developer’s political leanings trying to frustrate me so I won’t want to watch Fox News! 

Message 1 of 45
Contributor

Re: DIRECTV App problem with Fox News

I'm straight up locked out of watching Fox news on their app. Said I'm not authorizedTo view this content and to contact service provider which is Direct To. It actually has a little locked symbol over the screen to the picture of what to watch...!

Message 31 of 45
ACE - Expert

@Cj8904 wrote:

I'm straight up locked out of watching Fox news on their app. Said I'm not authorizedTo view this content and to contact service provider which is Direct To. It actually has a little locked symbol over the screen to the picture of what to watch...!

Some folks have reported better luck using the Fox News App on their smart device, authorized with your DirecTV account credentials. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 32 of 45
Contributor

That's the way I watch use to Fox. I can watch it fine on the Direct TV app
but not on the Fox news app.

Message 33 of 45
Tutor

It is September 29,2018 and I still have this problem with Fox News.  Been going on for a couple months now.  May be time to file an official complaint and let the FCC investigate 

Message 34 of 45
ACE - Expert

@Mn1170 wrote:

It is September 29,2018 and I still have this problem with Fox News.  Been going on for a couple months now.  May be time to file an official complaint and let the FCC investigate 

Right.  Let us know how that works out for you.

If the DirecTV App isn't working with Fox News, then try the actual Fox News App instead. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 35 of 45
Tutor

I shouldn’t have to use the Fox News app.  I should be able to use the actual freakin channel that I pay for in my directv now service.  By the way turned on Fox News this morning, Sunday September 30 at around 6:30 am and guess what, kept freezing every 5 minutes.  Turned to other channels, no freezing. 

Message 36 of 45
ACE - Expert

@Mn1170 wrote:

I shouldn’t have to use the Fox News app.  I should be able to use the actual freakin channel that I pay for in my directv now service.  By the way turned on Fox News this morning, Sunday September 30 at around 6:30 am and guess what, kept freezing every 5 minutes.  Turned to other channels, no freezing. 

By the way, this is the DirecTV Satellite forum, not DirecTV Now.  They're different apps and different services.

Message 37 of 45
Contributor

I have the same issue. 

Message 38 of 45
Contributor

I likewise am in the same denial of video services 

I have often speculated that some neck beard tech gets there snooty nose out of whack and denies my service to watch Fox News  because they want to censor my access to a political viewpoint they want to restrict 

i am am paying for something I am not getting

semper fidelis 

major morgan

Message 39 of 45
Employee

Hello,

AT&T mobility just renewed their contract with FOX. This should improve the service. If you are still using it, please update the forms to the experience you are currently having. I am not currently having issues with it.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 40 of 45
Contributor

Problems launching FOX using DirectTVNow

Happens 100% of the time when loading FOX News from a cold start.  Never happens when loading any other station.

Would DTVNow like to respond to this?

Message 41 of 45
ACE - Expert

@rockymtndew wrote:

Problems launching FOX using DirectTVNow

Happens 100% of the time when loading FOX News from a cold start.  Never happens when loading any other station.

Would DTVNow like to respond to this?

This is the DirecTV Satellite Forum. There's a separate forum for DirecTV Now.

Message 42 of 45
Contributor

The fox news app requires the DIRECTV access and that is also being blocked...now what? I have the exact same issue. Directv on my android phone only loads MSNBC, CNN and every other left leaning crappy channels. THIS HAS TO BE FIXED!! I may good money for this service for someone to block me from my preferred usage.

Message 43 of 45
Contributor

cannot login to fox news using spectrum

Message 44 of 45
ACE - Expert

@MichaelPetrik wrote:

cannot login to fox news using spectrum

What does spectrum have to do with DirecTV?  Need more details to help you. 

Message 45 of 45
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support