Helpful Links

Cannot uninstall previous vers of DirecTV Player

Teacher

Cannot uninstall previous vers of DirecTV Player

Trying to instal DirecTV Player 9 on a PC laptop   (Win XP  SP3).  The process gets Error 1714.  Says it looking for the MSI file which should be located here C:\Windows\Temp\{66117717-1845-45C6-8A2A-CCAEB67C3AB3}\ but is not.  So the previous version 8  cannot be removed.

"Temp" folders are periodically cleared on computers!!!!!

I have tried using add/remove programs but same error.

Please advise.

Message 1 of 8
Expert

Re: Cannot uninstall previous vers of DirecTV Player

Have you tried to uninstall under Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Directv Player?

Message 2 of 8
Teacher

As I said in original post,  this is Win XP,  Add//Remove Programs did not work either.

Message 3 of 8
Teacher

Wish someone had a solution for this problem.

Message 4 of 8
Scholar

Version 8 is still available to download at DIRECTV Player 8.0 Download (Free)  ... maybe you could try downloading and re-installing it, thereby creating the temporary files that version 9 is looking for.

Message 5 of 8
Teacher

I still have the original ver 8 download and already tried that.  Got same error.  Then I tried installing ver 8 on a different laptop too.  Tried to uninstall it and got same error.

Message 6 of 8
Scholar

So when you re-installed Version 8 it didn't create C:\Windows\Temp\{66117717-1845-45C6-8A2A-CCAEB67C3AB3}\ ?

Message 7 of 8
Contributor

After battling this problem for a while I found a solution  Smiley Happy:smileyshocked::

Go here: Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled and use the Microsoft Fix It uninstall tool.  Follow the instructions to uninstall the previous version.  You'll eventually see a big list of programs and you'll have to scroll down to find the Directv Player.  Once it finishes retry installing the player.  This worked like a charm for me.  Hope it helps you.

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support