Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Can’t login to directv app

Contributor

Can’t login to directv app

I can’t log into my directv app on my iPad or iphone. It tells me that I need to go to att.com/myAT&T and sign in with my att access Id. When I go and set it up them try to type it in it says that there a problem with the I’d and to sign in with a different one. How do I get into this app????

Message 1 of 40
Tutor

Is there any progress on this issue?

I have been on the phone for 4 hours in the last 2 days and no-one can help.

13 people and 5 dropped calls.

Message 31 of 40
Tutor

OK,  I have learned of a solution:

Please note:  this requires you to have an additional email account.

I finally got through to the Digital Assistance Center (877-271-5518)

The tech support rep that helped me was named Ruth or Rie (I never did get a spelling)

What Ruth did was re-register my DirecTv account with a different gmail that I have.

This email account is different from the one I use to access my AT&T account.

She created this new registration and it works!

I now have access under the gmail account to DirecTV and HBO Go.

If I look under my old email, I can see my AT&T and my DirecTv account.

If you don't have 2 emails, you may want to create one, they are free...  It does assist this problem.

Please pass it on.  A lot of angry users right now.

Message 32 of 40
Highlighted
Contributor

Are you telling me I MUST have cell phone service through at&t in order to watch overpriced cable that I already pay for???? What if I have t mobile?

Message 33 of 40
ACE - Expert

@flerb00 wrote:

Are you telling me I MUST have cell phone service through at&t in order to watch overpriced cable that I already pay for???? What if I have t mobile?

No. I have Verizon Wireless and have no issues. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 34 of 40
Contributor

Then why does it tell me “it appears as though you’re not an AT&T customer” and I can’t log in. Even with my my AT&T info.
Message 35 of 40
Tutor

Well, is it fixed? What is the hold up? Is it because you bit off more than you can chew? I can not login to the Direct tv app since their accounts were moved to ATT. No excuse for treating customers like this. 

Message 36 of 40
Contributor

I tried this solution a month ago. Still no access. No one seems to know how to resolve the issue. This problem has been occurring since late April.  Very frustrating.  About to switch providers.  

Message 37 of 40
Tutor

I have the same issue. ATT merged with Direct TV and Time Warner and will not help customers who cannot log into the Directv app. I have been a Directv customer since 2005. Why does Directv allow ATT to stall on this? Very disgusted.

Message 38 of 40
Teacher

OK, whoever can fixed this will be my personal hero for the rest of the year. If it is an ATT employee who can provide a solution that ACTUALLY works and is not just a script-based series of steps, I will nominate for employee of the year.

Here are the facts:

I have a user id for my wireless on att.com

I have a user id for my Directv on att.com

I can log into either my wireless or my Directv on my iMac without an issue.

When I try to log in to the Directv app on my iPhone 8+, I get a "Sign In Error" and I am directed to att.com/myatt to finish setting up my new Access ID.

When I try to access ESPN on my phone and I try to login in with Directv as my provider, I get "The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your adminstrator" This also happens with NBC Sports as well

I have spoken with over 6 representatives today, many of whom start the conversation off with, "Rest assured I will be able to resolve this issue today" - Well, not so.

Additionally when trying to access the att.com app, initially I see "Almost there, loading account info for xxxxxxxxxx" and then the error message  -" We're having trouble accessing your account. Give it some time and try again. [902]". This happens with both my wireless and tv user IDs. Well, I have given it 6 hours, so how much more time should I allow?

At my wit's end with this one.

Message 39 of 40
Teacher

UPDATE: This morning

Additionally when trying to access the att.com app, initially I see "Almost there, loading account info for xxxxxxxxxx" and then the error message  -" We're having trouble accessing your account. Give it some time and try again. [902]".

• I now can log into my att app with my user id for my Directv account and see information
  •  
  • I now can log into my att app with my user id for my ATT Wireless account, but no infomation poplulates. I can see the icons on the bottom of the screen for Account, Shop, Support and More and the header at the top for my ATT&T, but no account information.

Progress?

When I try to log in to the Directv app on my iPhone 8+, I get a "Sign In Error" and I am directed to att.com/myatt to finish setting up my new Access ID.

• Now I get "Unknow Error" when attempting to sign into the Directv app.

When I try to access ESPN on my phone and I try to login in with Directv as my provider, I get "The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your adminstrator" This also happens with NBC Sports as well+

• No change, still cannot access live content on either the ESPN or NBC Sports apps.

Message 40 of 40
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support