Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Can’t login to directv app

Contributor

Can’t login to directv app

I can’t log into my directv app on my iPad or iphone. It tells me that I need to go to att.com/myAT&T and sign in with my att access Id. When I go and set it up them try to type it in it says that there a problem with the I’d and to sign in with a different one. How do I get into this app????

Message 1 of 40
Teacher

Once again another day of no updates, no resolution and no streaming. My contract is up in April and I’m real close to paying the $20/month to get out. What a robbery for the service I use most. Is this happening to directv now clients?

Message 16 of 40
Teacher

i have been fighting this since my account was merged with AT&T on August 22, 2018.  I finally got fixed on the 3rd party apps like Fox Go and Watch ESPN, but the big one, the DIRECTV app, i have been unable to use this app since August.  I talked to my 5th supervisor who assured me she would take care of me......this would be fixed by yesterday or today and I would never have to worry about it again.  Well guess what, no contact, no rebate on my bill,no email like they said i would get.  I got an email about my HOME PHONE bill not being online!!!  This is so comical you cannot make it up. But whoa boy, they got their rate increase in January!!  My Case number K62704052 has been unresolved.  it has been escalated since November and i have yet to hear ANYTHING from ANYBODY at AT&T.  Faye was going to make sure that the Engineering Department took care of me in the last few days.  i got the big donut. My bill is due on the 12th, if i don't get some kind of customer service response and movement on this God forsaken issue, this almost 20 year customer of DIRECTV is going bye bye and i will do my best to share my feelings regarding how it seems that AT&T deals with some of their most loyal customers.  

Troy Thie

"19 year, 4 month, who has always paid his bill" customer.

"Monthly cost over 160.00 but the way it is going, they can come get their equipment "guy.

Message 17 of 40

Absolutely absurd! Good paying customers - [Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 18 of 40

I'm right there with you Troy.  I just got off the phone with a "supervisor" who is now the fourth customer service rep I've spoken with about this issue.  She is now doing what she told you- escalating my case to the next level, whatever the heck that means.  I told her that I'm aware that this is an issue for many customers and it is mind boggling that AT&T can't figure out how to solve the problem.  She did tell me that they are aware that there was an issue that occurred when they migrated the att and directv websites into one site, and that they resolved it for some customers but others are still having this issue.  She told me they'd let me know in 3-5 business days but I'm not holding my breath.  She did say that after they fix the problem they'd contact billing to see about giving me a credit on my account but somehow I doubt that's going to happen.  But of course they had no issue raising my rates on my current bill.  I think we need to find the e-mail address or contact info for someone on a high level like a Senior VP or head of Tech services and contact them.  

Message 19 of 40
Contributor

Funny, I was told last week by a rep that there had been no other reports of this problem.   Was also told that the streaming was “free” as a part of my directv subscription and that I could not get out of my contract for that issue.   Nothing but problems since we upgraded to the genie 2.   For 3 weeks we’ve had nothing but trouble.  

Message 20 of 40
Contributor

How did you fix the third party apps?   Really need to get espn back!

thanks

Todd

Message 21 of 40
Teacher

i had given them the exact language on the error, and then the next time i logged in, it worked.

I haven't received any call back from Faye, the supervisor, so tomorrow, i am canceling my account with DIRECTV. 20 years of satellite TV, down the drain.

Still zero calls or even a response from an AT&T rep that covers these Community forums!   it's pretty sad, because i have loved the service, but this lack of customer service is leaving me zero choice.

Message 22 of 40
Highlighted

I love the service too but I may also cancel my service
Message 23 of 40

I have created a user ID and I can see my Directv listed with my Wireless account so they are merged but when I try to log in on my computer to watch Directv or on the app it states I am NOT authorized or it can't find my account!

Message 24 of 40
Tutor

I'm going through the same thing. They just transferred my DirecTV account to my AT&T account but it has a different account number then my AT&T internet account number and since then I have not been able to log into my DirecTV. Also I signed up for Combined billing a year ago they never combine my bills and I had a lot of trouble going to the DirecTV website to pay my bill because it would not accept my AT&T access ID and then charge you to pay over the phone. It's been such a mess but it's still cheaper than Spectrum 🤷‍♀️ I go to my DirecTV app I put in my AT&T access ID and nothing happens I put in my new DirecTV account number to try to create a new access ID and it doesn't let me it says the account can't be found. 

Message 25 of 40
Teacher

Is there ever going to be a resolve? Customer service is useless and don’t give me changing my password again, been there and done that about 10 times. 

Message 26 of 40

So my situation seems to have been resolved.  I am finally able to log in to the apps.   But for what it’s wotth I never received any follow-up calls or contact from att customer service.  I think it’s just sheer luck that it’s working for now.  I expect the problem to come back again.  

Message 27 of 40
Tutor

In my case on my iphone I fixed the problem by going to settings on the phone then to tv provider. I then logged in there using my new merged at&t id and password. Then I was able to go back the the Directv app and login there with the AT&T id and password.

Message 28 of 40
Teacher

a new merged id?  i guess i am not tracking.  plus what are you talking about you went to your settings on your iPhone?  What did you do on your settings?

Message 29 of 40
Tutor

The merged id refers to my id  that is used to login to my AT&T account. Previously I had a separate login for directv. I was forced to merge all my AT&T accounts together this includes Directv, Wireless and landline.

After I did this the Directv App on my iphone no longer work. The previous login name would not work nor would the new one used for logging into my AT&T accounts.

To fix this I had to go to iphone settings. There I chose TV provider and used my AT&T id and password to login.

After that I went back to the Directv app on my iphone and used my AT&T id and password to login.

I can now see the guide And schedule recordings to my DVR but I still can not stream. Sill trying to resolve that.

Message 30 of 40
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support