Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Blackout more competitive game issue

Contributor

Blackout more competitive game issue

When a game is blacked out I use fox or cbs to watch the game... I am a chiefs fan living in ca and the chiefs were playing the raiders. At the end of the 3rd quarter the local CBS channel switched to a "more competitive game" I am paying for sundayticket so I can watch my team. When this happened I tried to switch to sundayticket.tv to watch the rest and I was unable to watch it as it said it was blacked out. I was effectively blocked from watching my game... how would I fix this issue if it happens again?

Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

@SPECTRUM43755 wrote:

When a game is blacked out I use fox or cbs to watch the game... I am a chiefs fan living in ca and the chiefs were playing the raiders. At the end of the 3rd quarter the local CBS channel switched to a "more competitive game" I am paying for sundayticket so I can watch my team. When this happened I tried to switch to sundayticket.tv to watch the rest and I was unable to watch it as it said it was blacked out. I was effectively blocked from watching my game... how would I fix this issue if it happens again?

You need to complain to your local station for switching games on you like that.  NFL Sunday Ticket isn't real-time enough to handle a last-minute switch like that. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
ACE - Expert

NFLST is for out of market games only, in market games are blacked out per NFL black out rules.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

I understand that, but if the local affiliate then changes to a different
game, how do I watch the game that was switched off of?
Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

@SPECTRUM43755 wrote:
I understand that, but if the local affiliate then changes to a different
game, how do I watch the game that was switched off of?

You can't. DirecTV doesn't know that your local station changed the game that they were supposed to be airing. Complain to your station and request they do not do that again.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support