Explore & discover

Helpful Links

App for PC windows 10

Tutor

App for PC windows 10

Can DTV be streamed to a PC running win 10. I can only find for android or apple devices

Message 1 of 21
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by jacksuzi
‎11-29-2016 6:19 PM

Re: App for PC windows 10

You can stream a variety of channels on your PC directly from the DirecTV web page .... www.directv.com   

No special app is required. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 21

I'm an INSIDER w/Win 10 w/Build 14986 and CU (KB3206309) and CAN'T stream DirecTv here ! !

Message 3 of 21
ACE - Expert

@DWB22dtv5365, what's happening when you try?  Which web browser are you using?   Have you tried different browsers?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 21

The point is there IS NO APP for DirecTv in Windows. If I use IE 11 straignt to DTV on my PC it works at times. If I use EDGE straignt to DTV on my PC I HAVE NOT SEEN it work. On my Microsoft Lumia 950 "Brand new and up to date sfotware" I can logon to DTV BUT when I click on Watch DIRECTV it takes me to On Phone and then trys to load DirecTv Player and CAN'T.

Message 5 of 21
Teacher

I too have a brand new pc and cannot access the directv app to hook into my dvr. I am going on a vacation and like to take my recorded shows for airports, airplanes and what-not but cant until directv makes the app compatible with windows 10. Whats up with that already?

Message 6 of 21
Tutor

I always use NON-MICROSOFT Browsers like Firefox/ Nightly/ Waterfox/ Pale Moon (all based on Mozilla) & unable to use any browser or device that has a WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM (which is the problem, more than any browser)...I have asked DTV about an app for any type of device that has a WIN OS since they came out w one - with zero success to date. I read about someone saying something about Win desktop apps vs their app being some kind of prob - but that should only be re: PC's - what about smartphone apps (that don't have a desktop)? Making my head spin as yo the non-logic there... at this point you'd think they'd have at least something by now for at least 1 device 😣
Message 7 of 21
ACE - Expert

Current era of Windows are trying to streamline, unify, the app between their mobile OS and Desktop OS. That and the Windows 10 updateable generation, as opposed to buy the new OS when it comes out, may be causing issues on building a compatible app for Windows. In the meantime you use a browser to watch on Directv. However some have reported success with an andriod emulator from nox to put the android app on a Windows desktop, but it is not officially supported.

I assume when you say any browser that has a Windows OS, you mean a Microsoft browser (IE or Edge) as browsers do not have an OS, but the OS includes the browsers in it.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
Message 8 of 21
ACE - Expert

Mobile DVR that needs a HR44/54 Genie to use doesn't support PC/laptops and it is unknown if it ever will but some have used an android emulator called Nox from bignox.com as a work around.

Message 9 of 21
Tutor

BROWSER should have nothing to do with it... It's the OS that it needs to be built for... & considering theres a much larger population that have PC's running Win OS - it SHOULD'VE BEEN one of the FIRST APPS they built - a while ago too!
Message 10 of 21

Disappointing to see this marked as "Solved". There should be a dedicated Windows Store app (UWP) that can be used on a mobile device or a tablet. We would appreciate and use the functionality built into the iOS app so that we can view the guide, use the remote over our network from our Windows Surface 4 and Book as well as some of our touch screen enabled desktops. With the installed base of Windows 10 PCs, it's amazing how AT&T Directv has chosen to ignore these users.

Message 11 of 21
ACE - Expert

@jasondeanny wrote:

Disappointing to see this marked as "Solved". ...

The post is marked as solved because the question has been answered.  Q: "Can I?"  A: "Yes, but."  This doesn't mean that the underlying desire has been met.  If I posted "Will AT&T give me a million dollars" and someone answered "No," that would be a direct and correct answer to the question, but I still wouldn't have a million dollars.

Message 12 of 21

I get that technically it's anserwed but I don't believe the spirit of the original question has met that criteria. I guess I'll start a new thread and be a bit more specific. 

Message 13 of 21
Contributor

I use EDGE straignt to DTV on my PC and I HAVE NOT SEEN it work. On my Microsoft Lumia 950 "Brand new and updated drivers" I can logon to DTV BUT when I click on Watch DIRECTV it takes me to On Phone and then loads DirecTv Player

Message 14 of 21
Teacher

This is not a solved problem. There is still no app for windows 10 PCs.

Message 15 of 21
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support