Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Impacted by the government shutdown? AT&T can help.  Learn more

where is the link to actually start a chat with customer service...after 15 minutes CANNOT find awhe

Highlighted
Contributor

where is the link to actually start a chat with customer service...after 15 minutes CANNOT find awhe

where is the link to actually start a chat with customer service...after 15 minutes CANNOT find where this is!!!!

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by mgrausch
‎03-02-2018 6:14 PM

Re: where is the link to actually start a chat with customer service...after 15 minutes CANNOT find

Note that you won't see the Chat button if no chat operators are available. 

DirecTV_Chat.JPG

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: where is the link to actually start a chat with customer service...after 15 minutes CANNOT find

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 7
Contributor

Thanks....someone else pointed out that block doesn't show up when no-one is available...would be NICE if they'd point that out...it was NEVER there for over an hour 7:15-8:30 PM EST..some customer service.....absolutely hate their support...glad I'm quitting in a month!!!!!!!

Message 4 of 7
Contributor

Ok, no wonder I can't find the chat option anymore. I was given a survey after the chat but the phone screen locked & I couldn't give my response. They were all good responses for the person helping me. I feel bad that I couldn't submit the response 

Message 5 of 7
Teacher

It is implied by ATT that they offer a chat service for customer support.  I prefer to chat, because after living in South Texas for 67 years I can barely understand heavy Asian accents over the telephone.  Conversations are awkward and the poor customer support rep is required to repeat every statement until I can understand what is being spoken.  Frustration builds quickly on both ends of the conversation.  Using my keyboard to talk to customer support solves all of that.  Unfortunately, despite all references that chat sessions are available, my experience says they are not.  I have been trying to start one for two hours, and I cant find a link anywhere … and believe me, I looked everywhere.

Message 6 of 7
ACE - Expert

@GoAstros wrote:

It is implied by ATT that they offer a chat service for customer support.  I prefer to chat, because after living in South Texas for 67 years I can barely understand heavy Asian accents over the telephone.  Conversations are awkward and the poor customer support rep is required to repeat every statement until I can understand what is being spoken.  Frustration builds quickly on both ends of the conversation.  Using my keyboard to talk to customer support solves all of that.  Unfortunately, despite all references that chat sessions are available, my experience says they are not.  I have been trying to start one for two hours, and I cant find a link anywhere … and believe me, I looked everywhere.

If you're not seeing the Chat box/link on the support page, then it's because no chat operators are available. 

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support