Explore & discover

Helpful Links

returning direct tv equipment

Contributor

returning direct tv equipment

I am trying to return my direct tv equipment. I was told by customer service that I could go to UPS or FEDEX. But when I went to the UPS they said they wouldn't take it without a return label. Since we were not given a return label or the address to send the equipment back to we left. I have called customer service twice regarding this information and I keep being put on hold, transferred, and hung up on. All I want to do is return equipment so I do not get charged for it. It should not be this difficult. We are willing to pay to return it but we aren't sure of the address to send it to. HELP!!!

Message 1 of 7
Former Employee

Re: returning direct tv equipment

Did you go to an actual main UPS store or did you just goto a small drop off satellite store? You would need to go to one of their main stores. Also please don't get confused with USPS. USPS will take them but charge you standard package shipping costs. Same with FedEx no small drop off/pickup locations.

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020
Message 2 of 7
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎09-05-2018 2:22 PM

You need to go to a real UPS or FedEx center, not just a mailing depot that represents multiple shipping services.  

Not every UPS and FedEx store is available for return. You can find participating FedEx store out on the website  fedex.com/attreturns.

UPS on theupsstore.com/locations.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 7
Contributor

Can someone answer the darn question. Just put in the return address: The UPS store does not have it. This is silly. A simple answer will do. A link to the addresses will be fine. I called as well and was told the same thing as the first member stated. I went to the REAL UPS store and was told, they do not have the address. So I left. I do not have a return slip either and I was informed via customer service,  I had 21 days to return the equipment. I have yet to receive the letter via snail mail. I received the information to return the internet modem back to ATT via email. But nothing about TV equipment to DirecTV. Dumb process, to have separate instructions.

Message 4 of 7
Former Employee
Solution
Accepted by Associated Member (Associated Member)
Accepted by rldvxi
‎10-22-2018 9:05 AM

@mad_mike

DIRECTV Equipment Return Information

If you are replacing a receiver, or cancelling your DIRECTV account, the receivers must be returned to AT&T. If equipment is not returned within 21 days from the date the account is changed or canceled, it will result in an equipment charge. 

How To Return The Equipment 

Go to a FedEx or UPS location with your account #. The equipment will be boxed it up & shipped out at no charge. The process takes less than 5 minutes. 

Tips

• We encourage you to initiate your return within 10 days to avoid being billed for non-returned equipment while equipment is in transit.
  • Keep the receipt with the tracking #. 

Billing Or Shipping Issues

If you are charged for equipment you have returned or there is not a FedEx or UPS location within 10 miles of you, chat with us

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 7
ACE - Expert

In addition, there is no return address to provide to arrange your own shipping. You cannot ship back any other method then DirecTV's official return process.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 7
Contributor

I have called I have talked to several people I have went to FedEx personally talk to the manager steel to know avail have they found the equipment that I took back to the store and yet I am still being charge for that is not fair I have no use for that equipment and it was taken back what do I do I am on a fixed income and cannot afford what they are charging me for appointment that I return back to them that I do not have and do not have a use for someone please Help

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support