Explore & discover

Helpful Links

return equipment - I do not have a kit - how to I return it?

Contributor

return equipment - I do not have a kit - how to I return it?

I have had issues with DirectV since December.  I have to return the equipment but they never sent a kit.  They told me to go to Fed Ex or UPS and I will NOT be charged anything.  I asked for an account number for DIrectv and of course, I  didn't receive it.  I would bet money, that Fed or UPS  will tell me that I have to pay to return it.  Please tell me what I am to do so I do not experience any costs.

thanks.

Message 1 of 20
Contributor

Re: return equipment - I do not have a kit - how to I return it?

I need a telephone number to talk to a representative.

Message 16 of 20
ACE - Expert

@RETURNLABEL111 wrote:

I need a telephone number to talk to a representative.

They don't send recovery kits or return labels anymore.  You need to take any returned equipment to a UPS or FedEx shipping center, along with your account number.  

If you need to call DirecTV the number is 1 800 531 5000

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 20
Contributor

I was told, that ya'll was sending me a return shipment package, so I can return it. 

Message 18 of 20
Former Employee

You have been misinformed. It won't come. Take the boxes, remotes, power
cords and access cards along with your account number to FedEx or UPS and
they'll send them and give you a receipt
If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Message 19 of 20
ACE - Expert

@Lexie7 wrote:

I was told, that ya'll was sending me a return shipment package, so I can return it. 

Please re-read this entire thread.  There are no return kits any more.  

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 20 of 20
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support