Explore & discover

Helpful Links

return equipment - I do not have a kit - how to I return it?

Contributor

return equipment - I do not have a kit - how to I return it?

I have had issues with DirectV since December.  I have to return the equipment but they never sent a kit.  They told me to go to Fed Ex or UPS and I will NOT be charged anything.  I asked for an account number for DIrectv and of course, I  didn't receive it.  I would bet money, that Fed or UPS  will tell me that I have to pay to return it.  Please tell me what I am to do so I do not experience any costs.

thanks.

Message 1 of 20
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by davidbk
‎05-09-2018 10:50 AM

Re: return equipment - I do not have a kit - how to I return it?

You were told correctly, you take them to a participating UPS/FedEx store with your account info.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's no charge when you drop off the equipment to the store.

Message 3 of 20
ACE - Expert

AFAIK you can't drop off equipment at AT&T stores.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 20
Contributor

There are no UPS or FEDEX stores that support the drop off and ship in my area.  What do I do now??

Message 5 of 20

I haven't gotten my return kit yet

Message 6 of 20

I have not gotten my return boxes

Message 7 of 20

I still have not gotten my return boxes, are you going to send them?

Message 8 of 20
Former Employee

@Blackwoods, what area do you live in. maybe i can google search you a local drop off point

@maggiemay1 - take your boxes to your nearest UPS or FedEx store. if you are sitting and waiting for your return boxes to be sent. You will be waiting a long time.

Meanwhile all accounts without equipment returned will be charged a non return fee.

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Message 9 of 20
Contributor

The closest ups/Fedex is in Dallas TX or Abilene TX. I am unable to get to either. There has to be a way to send this stuff back when you can not get to the shipping facility
Message 10 of 20
Highlighted
Contributor

I also do not have a drop off location near me. I was told that a return kit would be mailed to me but I still haven't received it .I drove two hours to the nearest ups store just to be told that they are not a drop off location!  I was already charged an early termination fee even though they don't provide service at my new address,  I'll be darned if I'm going to pay them because they didn't send the kit in time!

Message 11 of 20
Scholar

I have had DirecTV for 20 years.  I will be cancelling in October when my promotion ends.  YouTube Tv is a great option.  NFL games can be found.  Anything not to deal with ATT and their incompetentence. 

Message 12 of 20
Former Employee

@xustta

You say when your promotion ends? Are you meaning the end of the first 12 months or at the end of the 24 months.

If you exit before the end of your 2yr contract you will pay a exit fee of $20 per a month.

At that rate you might as well just drop your account down to the "family" plan which is $29.99 a month, but if you are using Auto Bill Pay you get that additional $10 off a month bringing it down to $19.99 a month. If you are wanting out you might as well get something for your month rather than nothing at all.

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Message 13 of 20
Contributor

I was told at the UPS outlet that I needed a return label to AT&T for them to accept the receiver.  SEND ME A RETURN LABEL!!

Message 14 of 20
Contributor

Send a return label so I can return your receiver/

Message 15 of 20
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support