Explore & discover

Helpful Links

loss of local channels

Highlighted
Contributor

loss of local channels

Is there a way I can plug an antenna into my direct tv receiver to get local channels over the air?

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: loss of local channels

Only if DTV sends you an LCC and you have an HR44/54 Genie.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
ACE - Professor

Even without the LCC, you can connect an antenna to your Tv to get over the air, antennas never went away

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6
ACE - Expert

@cgeier wrote:

Is there a way I can plug an antenna into my direct tv receiver to get local channels over the air?

If you have the 2nd or 3rd generation Genie (HR44 or HR54), call DirecTV and request their Local Channel Connector (LCC). This accessory allows connecting a antenna to the DirecTV box. Though still in testing, they have opened it up as an option for those in a negotiation area. Stock may be limited.

If you don't have one of the two compatible models, or DirecTV is unable to provide an LCC at this time, connecting a antenna to your TV itself will be the option.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 4 of 6

Connected lcc but cbs still not available blacked out  

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert

@eric232323 wrote:

Connected lcc but cbs still not available blacked out  

The unavailable should only be the channel from the satellite. Check to see if can pull in the right version as sometimes the -1 will be the one from DirecTV; i.e. 2-1 vs 2-2.

Also try regular antenna directly on the TV to verify if the regular broadcast of CBS is reachable in the first place.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Learn to manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T. View help managing DIRECTV in myAT&T!
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support