Explore & discover

Helpful Links

directv customer with no at&t phone

Highlighted
Contributor

directv customer with no at&t phone

I'm a directv customer with no at&t phone and can't figure out how to recover a forgotten user name/password because the prompt requires info from an at&t phone account.  I don't have an at&t account even for my directv bill because it is bundled with my internet service provider bill.

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by tgreaves
‎09-13-2018 7:23 AM

Re: directv customer with no at&t phone

Technically DirecTV accounts are AT&T accounts as that is the new owner. Also they have been recently migrating groups of customers into a new billing account system, presumably because the legacy DirecTV only system doesn't play well with AT&T systems. It also affects the online login so eventually you will have to log into ATT.com for your account, if you don't already. Yes being bundled means the bill details are listed on the other provider, but you can still log into your account to view your services and make changes.

As this is a customer to customer forum, you will need to call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 to have an agent assist you with resetting your login info.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support