Explore & discover

Helpful Links

directv changed my local channels on 8-1-18 in Lafayette IN

directv changed my local channels on 8-1-18 in Lafayette IN

We've had directv since it came out 20+yrs ago and have had Indianapolis channels.  we live in 47905 zip code and now Lafayette IN has star city broadcasting which comes out of Arkansas with local commercials. The news video quality is worse than a teenager old smart phone, the local newscast are the same people on all 3 network channels. just brutal.

what can I do, i have called several times for a couple of hours at a time and they say they'll take care of it but they never do

comcast is not available and they tried the same channel switchero but their customers complained and they switched back to Indy channels

Message 1 of 29
Former Employee

Re: directv changed my local channels on 8-1-18 in Lafayette IN

@nabukl

That infomation is public info. http://lil-lookup.directv.com

I google searched local channel lookup

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Message 16 of 29
ACE - Professor

Hmm, that looks a lot like the info that would be in aac (agent answer center ,formerly known as "doris" which is part of the titles. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 29
Contributor

I contracted with DTV for local channels … they do not appear to recognize what they give is not my local channels.  I have had correct local channels for my area for 12 plus years … AT&T

is having trouble understanding LOGIC .   Any ideas how to approach this??

Message 18 of 29
ACE - Expert

So what's your zip code and county?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 19 of 29

So Comcast did the same thing earlier this spring (change the local channels from Indianapolis to Lafayette), their customers had a fit and they changed them back to Indianapolis.  how can they get away with it? BTW, they now have Indy and Lafayette network channels

Message 20 of 29
ACE - Expert

I'm sure when the FCC hears about it they will be fined.

Message 21 of 29
Highlighted
Contributor

can you watch the fight on here 

Message 22 of 29
Contributor

Where to start

Message 23 of 29
Contributor

I would like to know more about it

Message 24 of 29
Contributor

Not getting local channels on direct tv now.  Live in NC between Raleigh and Fayetteville and get Columbia SC news/weather

Message 25 of 29
ACE - Expert

What's your zip code

Message 26 of 29
ACE - Expert

@AberdeenNC wrote:

Not getting local channels on direct tv now.  Live in NC between Raleigh and Fayetteville and get Columbia SC news/weather

DirecTV Now streaming, or DirecTV Satellite?  DirecTV Now is different and has a separate forum. 

Message 27 of 29
Contributor

i have given my details to log in but i cannot see u.k. IN THE MENUE.

Message 28 of 29
ACE - Expert

Don't understand what you mean...

Message 29 of 29
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support