Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Who regulates Directv and how do I file a complaint?

Tutor

Who regulates Directv and how do I file a complaint?

I have a lot of problems with Directv. It all started about 2 months ago. I pay the extra $8.99 for the protection plan monthly and I needed service. I called and set an appointment. Directv did a NO CALL NO SHOW. I called and they sent someone out a day or two later I don’t remember exactly. So a few days later the dish was messing up again. I called and got another appointment for 07/26/2018. Another NO CALL NO SHOW. They said they couldn’t get to me till 08/11/2018 another 16 days. Guess what happened on 08/11/2018…Another NO CALL NO SHOW  3 times NO CALL NO SHOW !!! I am sitting here paying for this garbage equipment and crappy service. I’m done !!! I called Dish Net on 08/12/2018 and they are coming out 08/14/2018 to remove this Junk and put in a new system. My SO Ronda is disabled and is in bed most of the day. This is important to her. So I am sitting here paying for “service” that don’t work plus the extra “Protection Plan fee” and they will not keep an appointment and they want to charge me for early termination for 3 months ($60.00). This is "Bravo Sierra" if you know what I mean. Not only do I want the 3 month early termination fee waived…............  I WANT A REFUND !!!  

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 51
ACE - Expert

Re: Who regulates Directv and how do I file a complaint?

@flixtime wrote:

They are pathetic! ! ! Att now DirecTV is just as bad they own dish too soooo... 

AT&T does not own Dish, only DirecTV. DirecTV and Dish are completely separate companies. They are competitors.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 46 of 51
Contributor

This is for "heads up" purposes. We cancelled our NFL package in early 2017 and never thought anymore about it. My partner has automatic payment and never checks the bill (She and I have to take responsibility for this). We just noticed that we have been paying for the NFL package for the 2017 and 2018 seasons because, as we were told, we cancelled it but it automatically renews unless you specifically ask them to also cancel the automatic renewal. This seems sleazy, as cancelling should be permanent., and the company comes off to us as not having integrity. Unfortunately, it is this lack of integrity that makes us seriously considering changing companies.

Mark

Message 47 of 51
Contributor

How do I notify retention this is the first time I've heard of it

Message 48 of 51
ACE - Expert

@Prof12 wrote:

This is for "heads up" purposes. We cancelled our NFL package in early 2017 and never thought anymore about it. My partner has automatic payment and never checks the bill (She and I have to take responsibility for this). We just noticed that we have been paying for the NFL package for the 2017 and 2018 seasons because, as we were told, we cancelled it but it automatically renews unless you specifically ask them to also cancel the automatic renewal. This seems sleazy, as cancelling should be permanent., and the company comes off to us as not having integrity. Unfortunately, it is this lack of integrity that makes us seriously considering changing companies.

Mark

Renewal notice on June bill.

1st of 6 installments on July bill.

You have until start of season, which is the 2nd Sunday in September, to opt out of the NFL Sunday Ticket renewal.

If the renewal wasn't opted out as requested (agent or system error), then you have plenty of notice before season starts to get it corrected and have any installments reversed. Even with auto bill pay at least be aware of the amount going through so you can address any questions as soon as possible instead of a couple years later. In the end it is not a lack of integrity on DirecTV's part, but a lack of attention to your own bills.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 49 of 51
ACE - Expert

@Haysrrh wrote:

How do I notify retention this is the first time I've heard of it

Notify what? What exactly are you trying to do?

Message 50 of 51
Contributor

File a complaint anout my directv being suspended after i have had  just paid the bill no one listens they say i owe money but wont tell me from when I have had to call every single month because there is always a new problem. I have been given 7months to live my elderly mother has a collapsed spine I'm disabled and even if I owed I get paid in 2 weeks I have been a very loyal customer I have called them over 122 times about this please help I'll e dead before they would help ME 

Message 51 of 51
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support