Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Who regulates Directv and how do I file a complaint?

Tutor

Who regulates Directv and how do I file a complaint?

I have a lot of problems with Directv. It all started about 2 months ago. I pay the extra $8.99 for the protection plan monthly and I needed service. I called and set an appointment. Directv did a NO CALL NO SHOW. I called and they sent someone out a day or two later I don’t remember exactly. So a few days later the dish was messing up again. I called and got another appointment for 07/26/2018. Another NO CALL NO SHOW. They said they couldn’t get to me till 08/11/2018 another 16 days. Guess what happened on 08/11/2018…Another NO CALL NO SHOW  3 times NO CALL NO SHOW !!! I am sitting here paying for this garbage equipment and crappy service. I’m done !!! I called Dish Net on 08/12/2018 and they are coming out 08/14/2018 to remove this Junk and put in a new system. My SO Ronda is disabled and is in bed most of the day. This is important to her. So I am sitting here paying for “service” that don’t work plus the extra “Protection Plan fee” and they will not keep an appointment and they want to charge me for early termination for 3 months ($60.00). This is "Bravo Sierra" if you know what I mean. Not only do I want the 3 month early termination fee waived…............  I WANT A REFUND !!!  

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 51
Tutor

Re: Who regulates Directv and how do I file a complaint?

I should have also mentioned the poor call quality as a giveaway the CS reps are off-shore.  

Appreciate the insight on the second and will try.  

Mainly I just want the problem resolved, but the company does need to know about the problems, and as you see I am not alone in this particular problem.  It would be sad if they lost a 15-year customer who enjoys the product because they don't know how to remove services, messed up the bill, and can't get it right in 2+ months.  And turn my service off because of problems on their end (after following their instructions not to pay).  

Message 31 of 51
Former Employee

@jmj2y8 due to the size that AT&T is its hard to make differences that users/customers notice, Management is making the slow tedious process of listening to every single phone operator to ween on the agents that have gone rogue. Once they have weened out all those reps, the company can move forward providing the best customer service it should have done from the start. I have faith this will work.

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Message 32 of 51
Tutor

Hi, I'm LawKat.  I finally got it off my bill. I think it took over 3 months and about 9 LONG phone calls.  

Now I have been trying to get them to send me the boxes for return of equipment. They have told me twice they will do so and they never arrive. I am sure they will continue to bill me until I return the equipment, but they are making it impossible to return!  I wish you GOOD LUCK!  They are simply awful.  I am cutting the cord due to my experience with Direct.  

Message 33 of 51
Employee

the boxes are dropped off at participating UPS or FEDEX locations and they will box them Directv hasnt sent out boxes for years and i think that CSR have not been told this

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE FOLLOWING IS INCLUDED WITH EACH POST

While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, we are here to represent the forum with our experiences as customers on our own time and do not represent AT&T in any official capacity with our responses.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 34 of 51
Tutor

I guess CS hasn't been told this because twice they have told me they were sending me boxes.  How do I find out which UPS or FEDEX are participating offices?  Thank you SO much for this golden info!

Message 35 of 51
Employee

i would call the ups stores since they are mostly franchised and most but not all participate, just call and ask if you can drop off your directv boxes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, we are here to represent the forum with our experiences as customers on our own time and do not represent AT&T in any official capacity with our responses.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 36 of 51
Former Employee

@Lawkat

locator for stores fedex.com/attreturns or theupsstore.com/locations.

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Message 37 of 51
Former Employee

You are looking for the FexEx Office Print and Ship locations and basically anything that comes up on the list for UPS after you enter your zip and it will show all locations near you that you can return the goods

Message 38 of 51

I have been trying to get my satellite dish with DirectTV fixed since Oct. 24th.  The first tech. was a NO SHOW, the 2nd one came and said the dish wasn't working, took it down and left.  After NUMEROUS calls, endless holds, hang-ups, and incompetent people I finally reached a "supervisor" named "Josh".  He cleverly assured me that someone would for sure show up on Sat. (10/27/18) and that he would follow up with a call the next day.  The repair person never showed, never called, and neither did "Josh".  Big surprise!! 

I rescheduled again on 11/5/18 and the technician again was a NO SHOW!!!  What do I have to do to get someone to do their job??  Do people actually still work for Direct TV?  I've been a customer for years without any issues so I'm assuming since AT&T took over Direct TV, us little loyal customers don't matter anymore.  I have been taking down names, employee ID numbers and have PAGES of notes.....the whole #$@! company needs to be fired and decent people actually trained to do their jobs!!!  Open to ANY suggestions!!!! 

DobermanPatrol

Message 39 of 51
ACE - Expert

@DobermanPatrol wrote:

I have been trying to get my satellite dish with DirectTV fixed since Oct. 24th.  The first tech. was a NO SHOW, the 2nd one came and said the dish wasn't working, took it down and left.  After NUMEROUS calls, endless holds, hang-ups, and incompetent people I finally reached a "supervisor" named "Josh".  He cleverly assured me that someone would for sure show up on Sat. (10/27/18) and that he would follow up with a call the next day.  The repair person never showed, never called, and neither did "Josh".  Big surprise!! 

I rescheduled again on 11/5/18 and the technician again was a NO SHOW!!!  What do I have to do to get someone to do their job??  Do people actually still work for Direct TV?  I've been a customer for years without any issues so I'm assuming since AT&T took over Direct TV, us little loyal customers don't matter anymore.  I have been taking down names, employee ID numbers and have PAGES of notes.....the whole #$@! company needs to be fired and decent people actually trained to do their jobs!!!  Open to ANY suggestions!!!! 

DobermanPatrol

See my responses to your other posts. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 40 of 51
Contributor

I will be watching my (cancelled) account billing to be sure no additional billing occurs. I have spent sooo much wasted time rectifying incorrect billing over the past 6 years that I finally quit Direct and am no longer a customer. The clincher was cancelling last month before going on vacation and coming back to an extra month's billing, WITH an additional $50 charge because my "customer discount" fell off when I satisfied my agreement. I heard on the national news that there were a record number of subscribers leaving Direct TV this past month, which only reinforces my decision. My overcharges totaled in the hundreds of dollars, perhaps more, over the life of the subscription. It was a dishonest practice and a dirty little secret I learned after I refused to give them my credit card after year three, because of the billing abuses. After six years and continuing bad business practices, I would like to say good by and I wish them well, but good by is all I've got.

Message 41 of 51
Contributor

First off, have been a directv customer for 18 years, also an AT&T customer.  This past week, has been the customer service nightmare!!!  It all started a week ago, through the merger accounts and such are changing.  I received a notice my account was past due.  I use online banking and have never had a problem before.  i called them last week, on the phone for over and hour, sent an email from my bank showing the transaction went on time.  Bottom line, numerous frustrating calls to AT&T/Directv, cancelling the payment with my bank, because the transaction never cleared.  Paid online.

Second issue was my receiver recently died.  They sent me a new receiver, and now all my channels are not coming.  Again four phone calls, and all they want to do is charge me $95 to verify my antenna.  I state you just replaced the receiver, maybe we should verify the setup is correct - never got to that point, OHHH, and then they state they can't help because my account is PAST DUE!

So angry, I cancelled my account, to which they tell me if I don't ship the receiver back, they'll charge another $130 - they state they will send an email with return instructions.  Not getting any email, I call back.  They tell me to bring to any AT&T Store, so I do.  They state they can't/don't take equipment back and that I have to go to UPS or Fedex.  I go to Fedex, only to have them tell me, I need to go to a FedEx store.  So now my third trip, and finally was able to return the receiver.

So basically, you lost a loyal customer of 18 years, and nobody even cared.  Stay away from directv.  I'm looking into also dumping my cell plan and going to Verizon.

Message 42 of 51
Contributor

WORST service provider I have seen this far. Please save your self a headache and plenty of time and dont not switch or sign up with at&t as a provider if you are an Xfinity customer please stay with them as this service is garbage just as the help of employees.

Message 43 of 51
Teacher

They are pathetic! ! ! Att now DirecTV is just as bad they own dish too soooo... 

Message 44 of 51
Employee

@Directv4    honestly they should be able to verify over the phone by having you go into the menu and look at the signal strength to each satellite your pointed out, and i can hardly see where a new receiver would affect the signal? sounds to me like you just got a misguided rep,i know this post is a month old but when i read your story i had to respond

Message 45 of 51
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support