Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Who regulates Directv and how do I file a complaint?

Highlighted
Tutor

Who regulates Directv and how do I file a complaint?

I have a lot of problems with Directv. It all started about 2 months ago. I pay the extra $8.99 for the protection plan monthly and I needed service. I called and set an appointment. Directv did a NO CALL NO SHOW. I called and they sent someone out a day or two later I don’t remember exactly. So a few days later the dish was messing up again. I called and got another appointment for 07/26/2018. Another NO CALL NO SHOW. They said they couldn’t get to me till 08/11/2018 another 16 days. Guess what happened on 08/11/2018…Another NO CALL NO SHOW  3 times NO CALL NO SHOW !!! I am sitting here paying for this garbage equipment and crappy service. I’m done !!! I called Dish Net on 08/12/2018 and they are coming out 08/14/2018 to remove this Junk and put in a new system. My SO Ronda is disabled and is in bed most of the day. This is important to her. So I am sitting here paying for “service” that don’t work plus the extra “Protection Plan fee” and they will not keep an appointment and they want to charge me for early termination for 3 months ($60.00). This is "Bravo Sierra" if you know what I mean. Not only do I want the 3 month early termination fee waived…............  I WANT A REFUND !!!  

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 51
Employee

Re: Who regulates Directv and how do I file a complaint?

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1041856   

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE FOLLOWING IS INCLUDED WITH EACH POST

While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, we are here to represent the forum with our experiences as customers on our own time and do not represent AT&T in any official capacity with our responses.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 51
Former Employee

@Lockheed,

Sorry you have had a recent bad experience with our services. i see you have been a loyal customer for a long time now. Unfortunately if you have come here looking for someone to waive the ECF or provide you with a refund you have come to the wrong place. This forum will be able to help you with everything other than account details or technician appointments such as web links, pictures or phone numbers. This a a community forum run by the community for the community. Users with the "employee" tag under their name such as @Constructive or myself are current employees who donate our time and knowledge to the forums to help better it for all. have you attempted to call the "retention" group yet? 

regards,

T.greaves

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Message 3 of 51
Tutor

I just wanted to know how to file a complaint....I have tried the all the customer no-service lines. I have letters going out to corporate. If that don't work then the next thing I will try is our local News Station that loves these stories.Especially when a disabled person is getting taken advantage of. Thanks for the reply. 

Message 4 of 51
Teacher

I'd like to know also!

Just got my August bill and discovered AT&T had added the NFL Sunday ticket at over $300 to my bill - without my knowledge or consent.  The rep said because we had it (at a slight discount) last year, and didn't cancel like many others did, we were AUTOMATICALLY renewed.  What total male bovine excrement!  If I wanted to pay an exorbitant rate to the scumbags at the NFL, I would do so -  but I don't.  Then she said I should pay the total bill and expect a rebate for the first month's payment NEXT month.  Not going to happen, AT&T - she said to deduct the $48.99 from the bill and just pay that amount.  Gee, thanks for nothing, literally.  They expect me to pay for something I cancel and expect a refund later, HA. 

Don't like Spectrum but if I have to switch...Sure wish DirecTV wasn't owned by AT&T.

Message 5 of 51
Employee
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by tgreaves
‎08-13-2018 11:31 AM

its up to the customer to cancel,now if they had canceled it at the end and you wanted it you would be here with the total opposite or every year they canceled all your services and made you call in and reorder, hbo showtime etc what if they cancelled said chanells as well every year? bottom line is they have no idea what you want to keep and leave it up to you to cancel, they dont know if you plan to record games later on .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE FOLLOWING IS INCLUDED WITH EACH POST

While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, we are here to represent the forum with our experiences as customers on our own time and do not represent AT&T in any official capacity with our responses.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 51
Tutor

Good ole AT&T aint what it used to be. I guess they have too many customers to take care of them all. With me leaving .....maybe that will help a little. 

Message 7 of 51
Teacher

Disagree, NFL Ticket isn't anything like a premium channel.  PLUS, I was NEVER told I would be renewed for the supreme price of >$300 unless I canceled.  And if the NFL jackals do the same thing this year, AT&T is going to be in a world of hurt - again.

Message 8 of 51
Teacher

Hey Lockheed!  I retired from good old LM in Ohio...

Message 9 of 51
Former Employee

@k8jbastro the NFL sunday ticket auto renews each year unless cancelled. 

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Message 10 of 51
ACE - Expert

As spelled out in the email DTV sent before the install and then there is the June bill that states NFL renewal then the July bill with the first installment.  So how is it DTV's fault you didn't know?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 11 of 51
Teacher

Because I NEVER GOT SUCH A NOTICE!  That's WHY!

Message 12 of 51
Teacher

HOW?  Because I NEVER got a notice like that.  That's HOW!

Message 13 of 51
Former Employee

@k8jbastro

You get a confirmation email prior to installation. it lays out everything you are getting in your packages, it lays out all the prices. and at the bottom it states that the NFL Sunday ticket and or any premium channels auto renew if not cancelled. This isn't our first rodeo. 

Message 14 of 51
ACE - Expert

NFL Sunday Ticket shows renewal info on June bill. July would be the 1st of 6 installments. If opted out (before the official season starts), then all installments already charged would be credited back on the next bill. Though the credits might be posted on the account itself within 48 hours.

Order confirmation details it is your responsibility to opt out/cancel any previous pack or sport subscription. Monthly bill gives heads up on renewal and even has charges starting months before the season so you have plenty of notice to opt out in time.

If you read your order confirmation and monthly bill, you have everything you need.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 15 of 51
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support