Explore & discover

Helpful Links

What's the address to file a complaint to AT&T and Direct TV?

Tutor

What's the address to file a complaint to AT&T and Direct TV?

I would like to send a letter of complaint because I was misled by the representative who sold me my Direct TV package as well as the representative I spoke with on the phone. Since they both gave me the same information, I can't help but wonder if it is company policy to deceive potential customers?

I decided to get Direct TV because of the promotional, and primarily because the sales representative showed me there was an option for 50mbps of Internet added on for $30, making the monthly bill for Direct TV plus Internet reasonably comparable to my current Internet costs. I set a date for installation and then asked to set a date for my internet installation as well. I was told I needed to wait until a couple days after the Direct TV was installed before I could set up the Internet. A few days before the Direct TV installation I called the service number I had been given and was told by that representative also that I should wait until a couple days after the install to order Internet.

So a couple days after the install, I called to order Internet and was told they had to check availability. Within moments they had done a search and told me they didn't offer Internet in our area. I was shocked since the salesman had initially told me they were offering the Direct TV promotion in our area because they were expanding into our region. No one ever suggested Internet may not be available, in fact it was promised in the sales pitch.

I feel deceived because I even called to confirm with a second representative and was essentially told by both parties to wait until I was locked into a contract before they would add on my internet-- because there was no internet.

I've called multiple times over the past couple months, trying to decide the best course of action and receiving varying answers as I was passed between representatives. Just this morning I was on the phone for over an hour, trying to get an address to which I could send my complaint, during which time I was offered a slower internet option for more money. And they tried to sell me on AT&T phone services. At this point I am unsure I would purchase either Direct TV or AT&T services again, as I've had the added pressure of seeking out third party internet services which are going to combine with the Direct TV bill to be far more than we had budgeted for this expense.  All due to misleading customer service.

I want Direct TV to either credit back the difference that I will be losing monthly so i can purchase internet services on my own, or adjust their own fees by $20 so the alternative slower internet they are providing is $30/month instead of $50. Either solution would be acceptable for our family. We would prefer to keep the satellite service as we are overall pleased with it, but will eventually have to cancel it if we cannot come to a financial solution.

Thank you,

Message 1 of 12
Former Employee

Re: What's the address to file a complaint to AT&T and Direct TV?

Hello @Lannew

On your confirmation order that would have been emailed to you. prior to anything being installed. What does that say in regards to the internet. As it was sold as a bundle, it would have had it all listed within the email.

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Message 2 of 12
Tutor

Hi @tgreaves,

That was the point, both representatives said I should wait until Direct TV was installed before putting in the order for internet. They didn't include it, but said I could add it on a couple days after the install. They sold my Direct TV by saying it would bundle to be cheaper, but then said I had to wait to add on the bundled internet... Which was not available.

Message 3 of 12
Former Employee

Unfortunately there isn't a complaints address or phone number per say. I do have an address tho I have had others contact before and had results from. Would you like that instead?

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Message 4 of 12
Tutor

@tgreaves 

Yes, please!

Message 5 of 12
Former Employee
Solution
Accepted by Associated Member (Associated Member)
Accepted by rldvxi
‎11-16-2018 9:10 AM

@Lannew

Sorry it took a while to get back to you. But I had lost the original address and had to find it in old log files of mine.

https://www.att.com/support_media/images/pdf/Wireless/1239368042948.Notice_of_Dispute_Form.pdf

Now it's a notice of dispute however you can use the form itself to send in a compliant or just use the address on the forum to send a complaint. Many have used it in the past for great results.

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 12
Contributor

I am at my end with Directv.  I have spent hours on the phone to resolve the issue with my new service and still nothing - I am ready to cancel and go back with my previous service.  Who can I contact to not tell my story for the 100th time - I've spent 6+ hours on the phone over the past 3 days and still have no service.....have my boxes, but no service.  

Message 7 of 12
Former Employee

@jentannerrn

refer to the post above yours by me. Use that forum and mail it off to Directv to complain about your treatment. This is ultimately a customer to customer community support forum. No one on here has access to your account. So please refer to that form and something will be done sooner.

Message 8 of 12
Contributor

AT&T Directv service has taken a downward service quality trend since being acquired by AT&T.  I am a long-term customer (over 15 years) and my perception is that Directv Service department is trying to convince me to take my service to a competitive provider. We have a simple issue, when the wind blows in Southern California, the recent effect is the satellite signal gets disrupted.  This is occurring on multiple receivers, so we do not believe the problem is internal to the residence. Based on looking at the satellite signal levels, it appears the aiming of the dish on the multiple satellites needs an adjustment (after 11 years).  We have requested a service visit twice.  The first time, the repair person did not show up and did not communicate they were not coming.  About a week later we received a notice the service call had been rescheduled, without making arrangements to ensure someone would be home.  At least we caught that mistake before the service people arrived.  We rescheduled the service, the service provider (Bill) called to advise us he was on the way and would be early.  We advised him that we would not be available for about 1/2 hour after he arrived.  He arrived, asked for the password to our Internet service, and then noticed he did not have a big enough ladder to reach the dish. He noted that "he would be back in a bit", to procure another ladder.  An hour and a half later he returns and advises us that the aiming of the dish would take 3 to 4 hours.  Bill also advised us that returning to the house with the ladder took so long because he stopped for lunch.  Personally, I feel this repair person lacks communication with the clients and is inconsiderate of the client's time needs.  We asked him to leave and we will reschedule.

Tags (1)
Message 9 of 12
Contributor

I am reading through the thread and have similar issues. Never any with AT&T wireless or U-Verse. Switched to Direct TV in Southern CA from U-Verse and they continued to double bill us for both packages, despite turning in equipment same day as install. Direct TV missed initial install, my husband waited for over 7 hours. I've yet to watch a single DVR program or show without losing signal. We want to drop altogether but are concerned that they still owe us around $800 we won't get it back? I've logged well over 10 hours on the phone trying to resolve this issue and each person tells me something different. We also had a bogus order for Internet phone install on 11/29 that calling the customer service line and pressing a number for 'pending issue' would have automatically triggered an install. I feel like the sales rep are definitely doing a bait & switch on the packages they sell you on the phone vs. the install and what you are billed. The phone order reminds me of the Wells Fargo tellers who were opening bogus bank accounts w/o customers knowing to meet sales figures??? The thread above says solved, however the solved link goes to a blank form that you email or mail into black hole? Has anyone had any luck getting through to a person who can actually resolve it? I feel like my account & phone number is flagged to direct me to Phillipines or 'drop the call' due to heavy volume.

Message 10 of 12
Contributor

I would like that info, please. I have a big problem with them. Thanks

Message 11 of 12
Former Employee

@Nanny’s20@SanDiegoArea@howardmeiseles

As the solution to this thread has been found, here it is again for you.

https://www.att.com/support_media/images/pdf/Wireless/1239368042948.Notice_of_Dispute_Form.pdf

Now it's a notice of dispute however you can use the form itself to send in a compliant or just use the address on the forum to send a complaint. Many have used it in the past for great results.

Message 12 of 12
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support