Explore & discover

Helpful Links

What is the extra cost for the Movies Extra Package?

Highlighted

What is the extra cost for the Movies Extra Package?

Would like to find out the cost of the Movies Extra Package so I can get the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries and Hallmark Drama channels?  We just changed over from Dish Network to Directv today and we had those two channels on our Dish Network package.  They aren't included on the CHOICE package of Directv, which doesn't make sense since the HMM channel is on the two lower packages below that one.  However, they are on the Movies Extra Package and I would like to find out how much additional costs that will add to our bill (along with the Choice Package).

Message 1 of 4
Scholar
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by Lingoes
‎02-26-2019 12:25 PM

Re: What is the extra cost for the Movies Extra Package?

From what I have found under my account info it is $4.99 to add the Movies Extra package 

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Teacher

It should be included with the premium package. Cheap fuc att nickel and dime you to death

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

The channels in the Movies Extra Pack (formally called the HD Extra Pack) have long standing agreements that they are in a separate pack and not in any main package. The cost of the pack is currently $4.99 monthly.

Hallmark Movies & Mysteries is the one exception as about 2 years ago they updated their permissions to allow DirecTV to have them in Select, Entertainment, Preferred Xtra, and Premier in addition to the Movies Extra Pack.

If you are so upset by these options, how about complaining to the channel owners that you want them in a package so that everybody at that package level or higher pays for them instead of only those that want them. Most customers would prefer more al-a-carte options, not less.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Compare DIRECTV packages & channels. View DIRECTV premium entertainment!
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support