Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Transfer of billing responsibility for DIRECTV

Employee

Transfer of billing responsibility for DIRECTV

So I called 18002882020 to ask what needed to be done to do a transfer of billing responsibility on my fiance's account to mine. We deunified her wireless phones and got them transferred successfully at the ATT store. They then told me I had to call 18779716092 to have them transfer the dtv account. So I call that number and they said they deal with wireless accounts only. And referred me back to 18002882020. Called them they said I had to call dtv and transferred me. I talked to that rep and he said I could only do it through the 18779716092 number. This went on for 4 LONG hours. Finally I got frustrated and they gave me a 18005315000 to call. He helped me get most of the stuff done but also said I have to call q8779716092 to have it all finalized. So here I am on the phone 4.5 hrs later on hold trying to get this resolved. There has to be a better way. For a communications company, I feel there is no communication at all within the company on who is supposed to be called to fix this issue. Can anyone please help me and get this issue resolved?!?!?

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by ATTDanW
‎03-01-2019 12:03 PM

Re: Need better communication on help

DTV doesn't allow you to transfer an account best you can do is cancel the account then open a new one.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support