Told would honor discount but direct refusing

Highlighted
Contributor

Told would honor discount but direct refusing

I was told by the sales rep At Sams Club from DIRECTV that after the 2 years was up they would honor my deal and being a sams club member all I had to do was call in at the 2 year mark. Well I called in before and just after my contact was up but the refused to give me my previous deal. My bill more than doubled and all they could say was they would give me a $5 discount a month! I told them what the sales rep told me even had the guys name and they said they couldn't do it. I told them they lied to me and I didn't like being lied to. I told them they could keep their $5 because it wouldn't help when the bill was doubled! I told them they would be losing a customer because they lied and couldn't work with me. I am looking for a new company who won't lie to me!!! Their customer service was not very helpful or friendly the guy in customer service just said you don't want the $5 then, I said no that won't help! And be basically hung up on me! You'll be losing this customer for lying!
Message 1 of 3
Professor

Re: Told would honor discount but direct refusing

Sams club is a 3rd party retailer that contracts to sell products and services of other companies. So you had a 3rd party agent gave you false information. Directv can only process the order they receive, which would match the order confirmation that was sent to you at that time.

You can contact Directv to see what promotions or other options you have to lower the bill. But no company can guarantee that your intro special will be renewable a couple years later, otherwise it wouldn't be an intro offer. If you have paperwork from the Sams Club 3rd party retailer then I would call Directv and request the contact phone number for the dealer that runs that location. Directv can only honor their specific offers. Additional 3rd party offers are additional and not communicated to Directv. However if the Sams Club agent said you were guaranteed to get the exact same deal, then he was intentionally misleading you to get the sale which would be a complaint for the 3rd party dealer he falls under.

Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Told would honor discount but direct refusing

Well then DIRECTV better make sure those selling their crap... yes crap!...doesn't lie. Doesn't matter they represent DIRECTV (had DIRECTVs uniform/logo) so to me they were from DIRECTV and represented DIRECTV. Not the 3rd party! Also you'd think if their customer service wanted to keep their jobs they'd try to work with customer more than $5! Soon as I find another place I'm gone which will be sooner than later! Liars!
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV Account Board! Check out our helpful articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Have a billing concern? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support