Helpful Links

Slamming sales methodology

Highlighted
Contributor

Slamming sales methodology

I recently got a call from one of your sales people.
The guy talked far too fast for me to comprehend the pitch, would not respond to my questions, and changed my account WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.
The next day I found that my bill had increased by more than $25 for a product I tried to tell the bozo I did not want.
If slamming is now a standard technique by Directv you can close my account today. THERE ARE ALTERNATIVES.

Ron Parker
Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: Slamming sales methodology

I would suggest sending a Private Message to @ATTDIRECTVCare with your account number and contact information so that they can (1) identify the sales rep who took credit for this upgrade (2) make sure his manager knows what happened, and (3) restore your account to the way it was before the call.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
ACE - Professor

was it actually directv corporate? or a third party reseller?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 7
Contributor

3rd party reseller but this was only revealed when I called DIRECTV.
But the reseller must have had permission from AT&T to do it.

Bottom line, I got scammed.
DIRECTV folks knew about this practice. They removed the charge from my
bill within 30 minutes.
Message 4 of 7
ACE - Professor

at least directv fixed it.

caller id, voicemail.

if its a cell phone truecaller app is great

Message 5 of 7
ACE - Expert

Most 3rd party resellers should be hoist on their own petard.  DTV in-house sales people should be forced to watch.

Message 6 of 7
Master

Directv is not scamming you. Unfortunately with any business there is the risk of a outbound sales agent not doing right by the company for either their own greed, or to fix their sales stats if they are low to the point of risking termination. This is not how Directv wants to do business. Glad you got it fixed and I wouldn't want to be in that agent's shoes when their manager comes to see them.

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV Account Board! Check out our helpful articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Have a billing concern? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support