Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Scams All Around

Scams All Around

I was a DirecTV subscriber since December 2012. In April 2018, I knew I was moving from CO to TX and that my new house wouldn't be completed until December 2018. I called into DirecTV to cancel my account since I couldn't put a dish onto the rental house I'd be living in for 8 months. The rep told me that I could suspend my account for 6 months, and if I needed more time, I could call in at the end of that 6 months and suspend for up to an additional 3 months. I suspended my account. Come October 2018, I called in, and the reps said they couldn't suspend the account any longer than 6 months and that the original rep lied to me. I could either cancel or pay for services that I wouldn't receive for almost 2 months. I asked if I cancelled, would I have to send all my equipment back, or could I use it again, when I resubscribed in December. They forced me to unpack it from my moving boxes and send it in. I lost all my 4K capable equipment. Come November 2018 I received a flyer in the mail that offered me the Choice plan for $35/month for 12 months plus a $300 reward card. I had my closing date on my house, so I called the number on the flyer to get things scheduled for installation. I asked the rep if I could add internet to the bundle and she said yes. She gave me a total price of $133+taxes and fees per month. That was fine because I added 2 extra televisions and the gigabit internet. I asked about the 4K equipment and she said that it would be capable of 4K. She kept saying that I would receive my $200 reward card after my services were active and that the extra $100 needed a manager's approval, but it wouldn't be a problem. About 20 minutes after hanging up, I received an email saying that my order couldn't be completed and that I needed to call a number to get it completed. I called the number and they told me that my services needed to be separate to process everything, but once I had both services installed, the bills would be combined and that my $133 price would stand and that I needed to give it 2-3 billing cycles to activate. Lo and behold, my equipment was installed, not capable of 4K and the reps told me that I could pay an additional $300 to have 4K capable equipment, my bill is STILL $165, and I have yet to receive that extra $100 reward card. I've called in multiple times to multiple reps and nobody can seem to lower my price to what I was told it would be, nobody is willing to give me 4K equipment without an upcharge, and nobody has any idea about the extra $100 reward card. BUT if I go online right now as a new customer I can build the exact bundle that I have and the price for 12 months is $127.49, without 4K equipment and with a $250 Visa Rewards Card. That's essentially exactly what I was promised 9 months ago and yet nobody can make it happen. I've been jerked around for almost 18 months now. If it wasn't for Sunday Ticket, I wouldn't be a DirecTV customer anymore. I hope that the NFL leaves DirecTV. I can't take the stupidity for much longer and at this point, I probably won't be a subscriber next year. I found more posts about those flyers and it seems like that is just a giant scam to get you back and sign another 2 year contract and after you do, you're out of luck.

Message 1 of 1
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support