Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Returning Direct TV equipment

Highlighted
Contributor

Returning Direct TV equipment

What items need to be included when returning Direct Tv equipment once service has been cancelled.  The notification letter has not been received yet, and I want to be sure I include ALL items required to return after cancelling Direct TV service.  I know where & how to return it, but want to make sure I include all parts that are required for return upon cancellation.

Message 1 of 10
Employee
Solution
Accepted by Associated Member (Associated Member)
Accepted by rldvxi
‎10-08-2018 9:05 AM

Re: Returning Direct TV equipment

everything but the dish itself and remove the batteries from the remote. oh and keep any cables like hdmi rca etc 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE FOLLOWING IS INCLUDED WITH EACH POST

While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, we are here to represent the forum with our experiences as customers on our own time and do not represent AT&T in any official capacity with our responses.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 10
Contributor

Thank you.  

Message 3 of 10
ACE - Expert

Models of returnable boxes have changed within the last year. What models are your boxes?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 10
Contributor

When the technician came on the 3rd of January to hook up the regular genie I received in the mail on the 31st of December. He took the genie 2 with him

Message 5 of 10
ACE - Expert

@12-63ib wrote:

When the technician came on the 3rd of January to hook up the regular genie I received in the mail on the 31st of December. He took the genie 2 with him

So what's your question?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 10
Contributor

I turned my genie 2 to the technician who came to my house on the 3rd of
January. So you need to contact him and get the equipment from him.
Message 7 of 10
Contributor

My question is:.. is this equipment in my file as turned in.
Message 8 of 10
ACE - Expert

@12-63ib wrote:
My question is:.. is this equipment in my file as turned in.

Nobody here knows.  We're customers like you, not employees. You need to call .... 1 800 531 5000

And if it doesn't show up on your bill, you should be fine.

Message 9 of 10
ACE - Expert

@12-63ib wrote:
I turned my genie 2 to the technician who came to my house on the 3rd of
January. So you need to contact him and get the equipment from him.

This is a customer to customer forum. We have no access to your account or equipment.

If the tech order was for swapping equipment, then the tech is required to take the old equipment swapped as it part of the order (unless non-returnable equipment, in which case tech might take as courtesy). As I understand you were swapped from a Genie-2 (HS17) to a regular Genie (HR44 or HR54 currently available models). So tech taking equipment is part of order. Unless you get a non-return fee (NRF) charged after 21 days from the swap, then everything went as normal.

Awesome getting a regular Genie to replace that Genie-2. The regular Genie line provides more reliability. If you have any Clients, remember you can replace them with HDDVRs and no difference in monthly cost.

Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support