Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Regional Sports with a $8.49 fee each month

Contributor

Regional Sports with a $8.49 fee each month

Aloha,

I live in Hawaii, I am paying (not by choice) for Regional Sports for California.  I do not want this, I do now watch this.  It was about $3.00 a month, but NOW is up to $8.49 per month.  If you are charging me for Regional Sports, please give me Hawaii Sports.....that is my region!!!   

I am not interested in dropping all sports, as some has suggested.  My husband loves NASCAR and that is why I am paying for the XTRA package instead of a cheaper package.  So why am I paying for local California sports?  This is costing me $101.88 plus sales tax a year.

Mahalo for any assistance.

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎04-30-2019 10:34 PM

Re: Regional Sports with a $8.49 fee each month

The RSNs are for the channels and professional teams that are in your market, provided DirecTV has permission for them in the first place (some RSNs have exclusive agreements with a specific provider): www.directv.com/rsn

The only way to get rid of that fee (shy of moving to a rare area that has no professional in-market teams) is to change to a package that does not include them. Used to be that was only the packages below Choice. The Entertainment package still has ESPN, ESPN2, Pursuit, and Fox Sports 1 (FS1).

Alternatively there is the Preferred Xtra package. It removes the RSNs, so the fee goes away, plus it is $2 less than Xtra on top of that. Originally it only had the sports channels ESPN and ESPN2, but I recall a few more being added back in. Though the channel lineup hasn't been moved to the AT&T website yet for DirecTV accounts, so I would have to look them up manually. So what sports channels do you watch?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Regional Sports with a $8.49 fee each month

DTV has no control over what RSN fees are applied to your area.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support