Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Receiver-DVR exchange

Tutor

Receiver-DVR exchange

If I have a receiver-DVR that is not working correctly & needs replacing...... I take it to the nearest FedEx and send it off, is that what you are telling me to do?  How long do I have to go without service before I receive the new(er) Receiver-DVR?

Message 1 of 19
ACE - Master

Re: Receiver-DVR exchange

call customer service

they can send you a new one, or send a tech

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 19
Tutor

Send a tech & pay how much for an unneeded service call?
Message 3 of 19
ACE - Master

tech visits are 99 unless you  have the service plan, then its free

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 19
ACE - Expert

$99 with a 90 day warranty, $20 shipping for a replacement. 

Message 5 of 19
Tutor

DISH & Spectrum sound better all the time
Message 6 of 19
ACE - Master

@Cowbunga wrote:
DISH & Spectrum sound better all the time

dish has the same policy, but they charge even if you have the protection plan

Message 7 of 19
Tutor

OK, you made your point. Spectrum, though, does have advantages as well as disadvantages. Higher price being the main disadvantage.
Message 8 of 19
ACE - Master

every provider has advantages and disadvantages, you have to decide whidh is right for you.

by not having the protection plan, you gambles you would not need it. saving 8.99 a month

after a year, that pays for a service call.

sometimes getting a service call can pay off.

i needed one recently.  rep gave me credits to offset it

now this can vary, depending on how long you have been with them, and how many credits you have had.

make a call, you may be surprised,

oh and never demand a credit, thats a sure way to not get one.  heck i never ask for one

Message 9 of 19
Tutor

Is there a limit to , say, annual service calls?
Message 10 of 19
ACE - Master

not that i know of.

but you shouldn't need them often, if ever

mine have always been my fault

Message 11 of 19
ACE - Expert

@Cowbunga 

Warranty replacement of a receiver/client is $19.95 delivery. No service call needed unless a very outdated setup not compatible with replacement. Service call is $99, though in some cases you might only pay for delivery depending on the order.

Optional equipment protection plan covers service calls, delivery of boxes, and remotes. However at $8.99 a month, that comes to $107.88 a year. The one time costs are cheaper. Only go with the protection plan if you are not good about having reserve funds and do better with a monthly cost already calculated in the budget.

However, what model is your DVR and what is the issue you are having with it in the first place?

Oh and you don't send your current box back until you get the replacement.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 12 of 19
Tutor

It is not a problem w/ the DVR, per se, but with the receiver itself. I use OSD because of a hearing problem. Three mornings in a row I had to “reset” the unit to get the OSD to work properly. I have tried turning the TV off using a different method, perhaps the problem is solved. Will know in next couple of days. Thank You! And , no, I had not changed anything on the “menu”. Thanx!
Message 13 of 19
ACE - Expert

What model is your DVR/Receiver?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 14 of 19
Tutor

HR54-500
Message 15 of 19
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support