Explore & discover

Helpful Links

RC1 Account SD To HD

Highlighted
Teacher

RC1 Account SD To HD

Trying to replace  R12 receivers to h24 receivers.

Have all the hardware installed Swm dish etc. Was informed do to my account being a RC1 I have no options.

I do not want a genie nor need a service tech do to my dogs being a bite hazard.  Have been a customer since 1995 and I have done all of my own installs.  What are my options?

Can I just purchase the receivers from directv? I have tried to purchase from solid signal but was informed that my account is a rc1. 

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: RC1 Account SD To HD

Since you have a DVR, DirecTV will only do the complimentary swap to a Genie system so that you may still record.

You would have to do an upgrade with 24 month agreement to get an HD non-DVR as that is not covered by the MPEG swap as you have DVRs now. Unknown if they have any H24 left in stock so would most likely be H25.

You cannot "purchase" receivers anymore. Haven't been able to for years as they went to lease only with the launch of the 1st Genie. Good thing is there is no difference in monthly cost, just means you return box to DirecTV so they can put it back into like new condition.

If all you have are R12s then I would expect you have a free upgrade as those would be extremely old DVRs. Here are the one-time lease costs for reference when you don't have a free upgrade:

HD non-DVR: $99

HDDVR: $199

Genie: $299 (only 1 allowed per account)

Mini Genie Client: $99 (cannot work without the main Genie)

Regular Genie (models available HR44/HR54) is fine, but avoid the Genie-2 (HS17) as that is the buggy and restrictive system.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Teacher

Thank You, very much for the information and your help.

I got my box model  mixed up it is a D12 SD Receiver. I am very sorry for the confusion.

Thank You.

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by WBRANT
‎03-04-2019 9:30 PM

@WBRANT wrote:

Thank You, very much for the information and your help.

I got my box model  mixed up it is a D12 SD Receiver. I am very sorry for the confusion.

Thank You.

Ahh, that clears it up. D12s should be replaced by H25. Genie would be an upgrade to that, unless it is the Genie Lite (H44) which is not a DVR system without the DVR upgrade kit. I recommend regular HD non-DVRs over the Genie Lite to avoid confusion. Many agents are using the required MPEG swap to offer upgrades, and unfortunately some of them are positioning like the upgraded order is the required one.

Just normal MPEG swap is all you need. You can always upgrade to HDDVR/Genie later if you want. Just make sure to check the order confirmation they email to make sure everything is as expected.

You're welcome and hope it goes okay now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support