Helpful Links

Question about a payment

Tutor

Question about a payment

I was charged 37.1dollars by Directv. I have never made this payment and never used Directv before. I want to know what is this payment for, and want to get my money back if possible.
Message 1 of 13
ACE - Expert

Re: Question about a payment

Money back for what? You said you didn't pay it. If you don't have Directv, how exactly were you charged? Did you receive a bill? Is this a charge on your credit card? If so, you need to dispute the charge with your credit card. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 13
Tutor

Emmm...it is charged from my credit card, and the bank said the payment is charged by Directv. But, there is no reason for the money paid, and the only autopay I assigned is AT&T communication fee.
Message 3 of 13
Tutor

Emmm...it is charged from my credit card, and the bank said the payment is charged by Directv. But, there is no reason for the money paid, and the only autopay I assigned is AT&T communication fee.
Message 4 of 13
Highlighted
Scholar

The amount sounds like it might be for the lowest tier of a directv NOW package ($35.00)plus maybe tax, are you sure no one in your household signed up for Directv now?, maybe did a 7 day free trial and forgot to cancel before the trial ended
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 13
ACE - Master

AT&T acquired Directv and also has DirectvNOW.

DirectvNOW is a streaming only standalone service. $35 + tax. Very likely free trial finished without being canceled so is charging for the service now. If you didn't do this yourself, check with your household. If this is the situation then you would need to contact DirectvNOW to cancel the account.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 13
Tutor

I checked the plan, but there just had at&t prepaid plan. I dont know if I will be charged next month 

Message 7 of 13
ACE - Master

AT&T prepaid plan and DirectNOW would be separate billing. Check the website for more info: https://www.directvnow.com/sitemap

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 13
Tutor

You solve my problem! : ) Thanks!

Message 9 of 13
ACE - Master

You're welcome. Most free trials out there roll to ongoing until opted out. Happened to me on some other services a while back, once when I completely forgot and another time where I had the turn over date miss-remembered. Just something to watch out for.

Message 10 of 13
Scholar

Actually I solved your issue, as I'm the FIRST to point to directv now as the service you were possibly charged for
Message 11 of 13
ACE - Master

@nabukl

Yes you pointed out the possible DirectvNOW service first and should be credited with that.

My later post being accepted would be valid in that from the earlier statement, it looked like they thought if it were a service owned by AT&T it would show on the same bill. I clarified separate billing and linked to where they could check the contact options for DirectvNOW (site map as the home page the links are tiny, almost hidden).

Message 12 of 13
Tutor

I really appreciate both of you, and I don't know there is only one solution can be accepted... If possible I would accept both of you guys as the solution... : >

Message 13 of 13
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV Account Board! Check out our helpful articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Have a billing concern? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support