Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Promo code offer

Highlighted
Contributor

Promo code offer

Good evening! I received a text message this afternoon with a OfferUp from DIRECTV. 

Do you know you can avail upto 50% discounts on your DIRECTV AT&T bills by redeeming this Promo code: MONEYPAK.
So Hurry Up, call us at 1 (855) 811-2107 before promo expires today.

Regards,
DIRECTV AT&T"

i was semt the message at 4:40pm As I was getting on a flight home from Washington DC. I did not arrive until after 6 PM when offices are closed. If this promotion only lasts for the day, how am I supposed to enter the promo code if i can’t reach anyone directly at this hour? 

I recently had an issue because direct tv increased my bill by almost double since my contract has gone a year and I only have DIRECTV. I want to utilize this promo code in order to get my bill down to where it was. Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you! 

Message 1 of 10
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Scholar)
Accepted by Tour_Guy_Bob
‎06-26-2018 4:48 AM

Re: Promo code offer

It is a scam as you have to buy an untraceable Money Pak card. The new customer promos only last one year then goes to full price this was in the email DTV sent before the install.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 10
Contributor

Received this scam moneypak text today. How did they get my information? Is there anything that can be done other than ignoring it?

Message 3 of 10
ACE - Expert

With the router hacks and other commercial hacks anyone can get your info.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 10
Contributor

DIRECTV Promo MONEYPAK

I received this text message from 1-855-811-2107 stating the following: 

"Dear BULL, 
Account#xxxxxxx
Do you know you can avail upto 50% discounts on your DIRECTV AT&T bills by redeeming this promo code: 
MONEYPAK
So hurry up, call us at 1 xxx-xxx-xxxx before promo expires today.
Regards, 
DIRECTV AT&T"

I called the number and they stated I could get my bill reduced to $22/mo by paying a one time upfront year cost of $264. 

After further questioning and hesitation they explained how to pay the charge which is not through ATT Billing or DIRECTV billing. They stated I would need to purchase a MONEYPAK card from any retailer to make the payment on the phone to the "ATT Promotions corporate office" for the deal. He stated he was an ATT employee and worked at the corporate office in Oakland, CA. I asked for his ATT Employee ID to verify this information isnt a scam. He told me his ID was: XXXXX. This is no way seems like his employee ID. 

Please tell me if this is a scam or not. I'm like 95% certain it is a scam. Just wanted to bring to your attention this is going around to DTV customers. 

Message 5 of 10
Former Employee

Re: DIRECTV Promo MONEYPAK

THIS IS A SCAM

Prepaid card scam
Prepaid card scams involve someone pretending to represent a legitimate company you might normally do business with calling to offer you a tremendous discount on your service. Here’s the catch: they want you to use a pre-paid credit card or retail gift card to prepay for a period of time outside of your normal contract. These fraudsters may give you a toll free call-back number for making the payment.

What to do if you suspect a prepaid card scam
  • Hang up immediately. AT&T and DIRECTV do not solicit prepayments using pre-paid cards or gift cards.
  • Report suspicious phone calls or text messages to AT&T.

Please report either via AT&T or https://www.att.com/securitycallprotect

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Message 6 of 10
ACE - Expert

Yes it is a scam.

Message 7 of 10
Former Employee

lets be honest, if i got one of those text messages or calls. I would go out of my way to mess with them. I would fake the numbers on the back of the card or read them back incorrectly. I figure the longer I could mess with them, the less likely they are of scamming someone not so technologically inclined. i saw these scams alot when I worked for Walmart or the great IRS scams. i will make time to mess with a scammer.

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Message 8 of 10
Contributor

I had the Directv  Ebay  promotion scam attempt 4/26/19.

It seems real, the call back number provided had all the same phone answer, sounds, bells dinging etc.

Where  is AT&T/ DirecTV being Pro-active in all this, alerting their customer base. 

Costing them nothing they can easily message every customer.  On every service is a Message Option on every home screen.

Asleep at the switch and costing their customer base millions.... You guys are the worst.

Free TV is here now and getting better and easier to stream. DiirectV  has gotten worse after the AT&T  take over.

Message 9 of 10
ACE - Expert

Nobody reads the warnings from DTV/AT&T or the gift card warnings from Amazon.

Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support