Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Promised $300 Gift Card By DirecTV Phone Sales

Teacher

Promised $300 Gift Card By DirecTV Phone Sales

Placed an order for the Choice Package, Sunday Ticket, and 2 recievers on Aug 3rd. Was told by the sales rep on the phone if I signed up that day he would up the existing $100 dollar Visa Gift Card offer to $300. He confirmed this with his supervisor and so I placed the order. Service was installed today Aug 11th. I go to register for the gift card and the website shows I qualify only for $100. I call DirecTV Customer Service. I wait on hold. They transfer me to Loyalty. I wait on hold. They say they can’t help me. I ask to be sent to cancellations. I wait on hold. I speak to cancellations. They warm transfer me to Billing saying they can help me. Billing tells me I have to call sales. At this point I have been on the phone for an hour and 20 minutes. I demand to be sent back to cancellations. Call gets disconnected. I call again and reach cancellations. Another 30 minutes on the phone and the rep says I need to speak with “rewards” which is closed during the weekend. Oh and since the service was installed today I have 24 hours to cancel before the ETF goes into effect. I’m literally beside myself regarding how bad DirecTV customer service has been today. How can a company operate this way? I have to wait until Monday to speak with the rewards dept. Just searching online shows customers being offered bogus Visa Gift Card promises is a systemic problem at DirecTV.

Message 1 of 71
ACE - Expert

Re: Promised $300 Gift Card By DirecTV Phone Sales

What does it say on your order confirmation?  That's all they'll honor.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 71
Teacher

They don’t mention visa gift cards on the order confirmation. I received a separate email on 8/3 stating I qualify for one but no mention of amount.

Message 3 of 71
Former Employee
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by tgreaves
‎08-13-2018 11:05 AM

@dasmeatball,

hello, as i'm in sales for DTV i know exactly what you are talking about. in the original order confirmation there will be a link provided on how to claim the $200 visa reward card. The $100 one is seperate as it was a bonus promotion for the past 2 weeks.

• Reward Status is available online at the AT&T Reward Center.
    • It can take up to 30 days from service installation for the customer's rewards to display on the AT&T Reward Center.
  • Redemption required offers (most offers):
    • Within 30 days of activation, eligible customers receive Reward Notification via e-mail or mail with instructions for claiming their reward:
    • The reward must be claimed by the date noted on the notification. The reward invitation expires if not claimed by the date noted.
    • Claim period:
      • Customers have 75 days from the notification send date to claim their reward.
      • If the reward card is not claimed in the specified time, the customer will not receive their reward card.

So please check your original email, the one they sent you the day of the phone call sale. Then visit the website above and fill out the details.

The $100 is completely separate to this one and will be mailed out directly

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 71
Teacher

I have checked through all my emails from 8/3. The order email that lists my package and discounts makes no mention of a Visa card. I received a separate email that day saying I qualified for a Visa Gift Card and that over the next few days I would receive an email regarding how to redeem it. No mention of amount. The ATT Rewards site only lists the $100 dollar card currently. I did not receive any ATT emails between my sign up date of 8/3 and my install date of 8/11. I have double and triple checked my order email from 8/3 and there is no mention of a Visa card. I waited on hold for 45 minutes today to speak with someone from the ATT Reward Center. The rep said she only saw the $100 offer and that I definitely qualified for the additional $200 but I would have to wait until Aug 25th to see if I get anymore email about it or for them to get involved. What a mess. 

Message 5 of 71
Former Employee

Did you visit the website I provided you?

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Message 6 of 71
Teacher

I went to the rewards site you provided and it still just mentions the $100 Visa Card.

Message 7 of 71
Former Employee

Can you remember the persons name and or supervisors name? Wondering if it was from my call center.

Message 8 of 71
Teacher

I really do not remember since it was so many days ago. Not sure if you could look at my account number and tell anything by that.

Message 9 of 71
Former Employee

Unfortunately, tho im in sales. Im not allowed to access peoples accounts via the forums. Doing so is instant termination. 

Message 10 of 71
Tutor

I recieved my 200 dollars 100 on 2 different cards

Message 11 of 71
Former Employee

@MzVergara, the $100 you did nothing for. the $200 you went to the website to redeem correct?

Message 12 of 71
Teacher

I now have (2) $100 dollar gift cards showing on the rewards site but I'm still missing $100. I was told by the rewards center to call back by 8/25 and if the 3rd reward card is not showing up they will put it in manually.

Message 13 of 71
Former Employee

@dasmeatball.

Sorry for the run around, hopefully we can get this all sorted for you soon.

Message 14 of 71
Teacher

I just had the same thing happened to me!! This is unethical on the sales rep part. I just got the letter in the mail today. I went online to accept it and there is only $100!! I called in and spoke with a supervisor who stated she only saw $100...I’m canceling the service and will deal with breaking the contract. I only accepted the service because of the incentives (I was going to use that to pay the bill)..DONE!!

FOLLOW UP...I called back in and request to cancel my service because I reviewed my installation email again and realized I’m still within the 14 days cancellation window. The rep stated she saw the $100 Reward but not the additional $300 and could only go by the notes. I gave her the supervisors name/number of whom I spoke with in sales prior to agreeing to the promotion and she just continued to remind me of the $100. She offered to backdate my cancellation after trying to threaten me with the early termination fee in which I don’t owe. I’m calling the competitor on Monday then will cancel so I won’t be without service. I’m sure some of these calls have been recorded by the supervisors but the unethical behavior continues. 

Message 15 of 71
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support